Change:  Go to:
29.04.2006 @ 15:00 City Stadium, Livingston Attendance: 2278
0 - 1
Inverness CT
Referee: J Underhill League-match

None Barry Wilson (56)
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
Stuart Golabek
Darren Dods
Barry Wilson
Roy McBain
Russell Duncan
Liam Keogh
Dennis Wyness
Craig Dargo
Michael Fraser
Stuart McCaffrey
Tom Parratt
Liam Fox
Alan Morgan
Graham Bayne
Rory McAllister
Hislop -> Morrow (26)
Dorrans -> Adams (61)
Tierney -> McNamee (68)
Graham Bayne -> Craig Dargo (61)
Liam Fox -> Barry Wilson (73)
Rory McAllister -> Dennis Wyness (83)
Yellow cards
Dorado (72) None.
Red cards
None None.
Other statistics
7 Shots 6
2 Shots on goal 3
1 Offsides 9
2 Corner kicks 2
13 Free kicks 18
0 Penalties 0
Match report
This fourth visit of the season to Livingston was the 32nd meeting of the clubs in competitive matches – Caley Thistle are now ahead with 13 wins to 11. Some of these encounters have been classics but this was certainly not one of them. The only real bright spots were the glorious sun and Barry Wilson’s 56th minute goal direct from a free kick.

John Robertson’s side were effectively relegated before the match but this result put the matter beyond any lingering doubt held by the most outrageous optimist. Motherwell’s defeat ended the race for seventh spot so Caley Thistle will now complete the season one place higher than 2004/05.

The first real chance fell to Wilson in 13 minutes but his 20 yard free kick curled just past the Livi post. Two minutes later Craig Dargo nipped in to head the ball as it went through to Livi ‘keeper Roddy McKenzie – he was forced wide and Manu Dorado cleared his bye-line cross.

A poor kick-out by McKenzie in 18 minutes led to a Dennis Wyness long-range lob to the empty goal but a defender stepped in to block. Mark Brown’s first action of the day came in 20 minutes when he held a Sam Morrow shot on the turn – just one minute before Morrow was injured. He tried to carry on but limped off and was replaced by former ICT favourite Steve Hislop.

The lively Wes Hoolahan sent in a dangerous cross from the left in 23 minutes and Brown had to dive bravely at the feet of Noel Whelan. Five minutes from the break Wilson pounced on an error by David McNamee 25 yards out but, as he raced for goal, McNamee brought him down on the edge of the box. The expected free kick (or perhaps a penalty) was not given.

Straight from the restart a Hoolahan cross from the right reached Hislop but his header went wide of Brown’s post. Dave MacKay was well placed 20 yards out in 52 minutes but he sliced it so badly it went for a throw. The goal came in 56 minutes and it was one worthy of messrs Beckham and Maloney. Wyness was fouled 20 yards out and Wilson curled the free kick over the wall and under the bar before McKenzie could react. There was no way back for Livi despite much huffing and puffing.

The next chance fell to ICT sub Graham Bayne in 76 minutes but his back post header went just wide. Three minutes later Hoolahan created danger in the visitors’ box but Grant Munro was well placed to head clear. A curling ball from Hoolahan five minutes from time was punched clear by Brown.

Liam Keogh could have made it 2-0 in the last minute when he raced from the half way line chased by McNamee. The defender eventually caught up with him and did enough to prevent a clear shot on goal – it went wide. Dorado blocked a Rory McAllister shot as time ran out then the last action was a Keogh tackle on Hoolahan as he headed for goal.

The whistle went and the strains of ‘The only way is up’ came from the tannoy. Not strictly true but Livi have to hold on to the hope of an early return to the top flight.