Change:  Go to:
27.02.1999 @ 15:00 Caledonian Stadium, Inverness Attendance: 3279
Inverness CT
3 - 1
Referee: J Rowbotham League-match

None. None
Starting Lineup
None. None
Yellow cards
None. None
Red cards
None. None
Match report
Heavy rain and a snow blizzard put the game in severe doubt but at 2 pm the pitch was declared playable. Livingston pressed hard from the kick off and in the second minute Les Fridge saved a John Robertson drive. Two minutes later at the other end Neil Alexander dropped a Barry Wilson cross but Duncan Shearer hit the post. Livingston took the lead in 8 minutes when Mark McCormick pounced on a bad clearance and hit it past Fridge from just inside the area. Caley Thistle took control and equalised in 24 minutes. Ross Tokely crossed from the right, it went through Alexanders hands and Scott McLean tapped it home. Alexander redeemed himself 4 minutes later when he tipped over a Barry Wilson free kick. ICT took the lead in 31 minutes when a Shearer drive deflected off a defender and Wilson hit it past Alexander. On the 44 minute mark Fridge tipped a Frank Conway header onto the bar then Scott Mclean hit it past the post on the whistle at the other end. The second half was a re-run of the first with Caley Thistle pressing and Livingston hitting on the break. In 53 minutes Shearer set up Wilson on the edge of the box but his return pass was blocked. In 59 minutes the home defence failed to clear but Paul Harvey hit it past. Livingstons best chance to equalise fell to John Robertson in 66 minutes he took a McCormick cross and hit it hard only to see Fridge make a great stop. The points were sealed in 70 minutes. Barry Wilson set up Ross Tokely who ran into the area and sent across a low ball - Alexander tipped it into the path of Shearer and he knocked it home. It should have been 4-1 in 72 minutes when Barry Wilson was just outside the box heading towards goal when he was brought down by Paul Deas. The red card was inevitable. Both sides had chances after that but the defences held firm. With 5 minutes left Les Fridge was unlucky to be sent off when he tackled Brian McPhee outside the box. Contact was minimal but McPhee went down and Fridge was shown the red card. Ross Tokely took over in goal. The score remained 3-1 and Caley Thistle now lie 4 points adrift.