Change:  Go to:
30.08.1997 @ 15:00 Ochilview Park, Stenhousemuir Attendance: 400
Stenhousemuir 3 - 2 Inverness CT
Referee: D McDonald League-match

Farrell (18)
Fisher (45)
Roseburgh (pen 50)
Brian Thomson (pen) (47)
Wayne Addicoat (85)
Starting Lineup
Les Fridge
Richard Hastings
Iain MacArthur
Vetle Andersen
Mark McCulloch
Charlie Christie
Mike Teasdale
Paul Cherry
Barry Wilson
Iain Stewart
Brian Thomson
Mike Noble
Davie Ross
Wayne Addicoat
Campbell => Roseburgh (84) Davie Ross -> Paul Cherry (75)
Wayne Addicoat -> Iain Stewart (75)
Yellow cards
Henderson Charlie Christie (70)
Vetle Andersen (70)
Iain MacArthur (70)
Red cards
None None.
Match report
The game started at a fast pace and the home side thought they had scored in 4 minutes when an Innes effort was cleared off the line. In 7 minutes an excellent McCulloch 20 yard shot was painfully blocked by a defender and it fell harmlessly into the arms of Alexander. Wilson had a great chance in the 11th minute - he was clean through after a good pass from Thomson but he dithered too long. Stenhousemuir took the lead in 18 minutes when a Roseburgh cross from the left was knocked in by Farrell from close range. The visitors fought back and in 26 minutes a Wilson corner led to an Alexander save from Cherry and a Teasdale header off the bar. The Warriors took control and came close in 29 minutes when a 25 yard blast from Fisher flew low past the post. On 45 minutes Fisher collected a pass 30 yards out, calmly drew Fridge and slotted the ball home. On 47 minutes the visitors came back into the game when Wilson was brought down and Thomson hammered home the penalty. The revival lasted for 3 minutes. MacArthur was judged to have handled in the box to the amazement of all who saw the ball hit his shoulder. The soft penalty was converted by Roseburgh. In 73 minutes Henderson had the miss of the season. He was one yard out when the ball came across the face of the goal but he failed to connect. In the 85th minute a 25 yard McCulloch strike was tipped over by Alexander. Ross took the corner and Addicoat forced the ball over the line with his chest to make it 3-2. Caley Thistle chased the equaliser in the last 5 minutes but could not penetrate the well organised home defence and overall the final score of 3-2 flattered the Inverness side.