Change:  Go to:
24.08.2005 @ 19:45 Tulloch Caledonian Stadium Attendance: 917
Inverness CT 6 - 1 Alloa Athletic
Referee: Craig Thomson League Cup / Rd 2-match

Barry Wilson (18)
Richie Hart (20)
Roy McBain (37)
Russell Duncan (43)
Grant Munro (48)
Dennis Wyness (87)
A. Brown (2)
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
Stuart Golabek
David Proctor
Barry Wilson
Roy McBain
Russell Duncan
Richie Hart
Dennis Wyness
Craig Dargo
Brown, A
Michael Fraser
Darren Dods
Tom Parratt
Liam Fox
Rory McAllister
Brown, G
Tom Parratt -> Ross Tokely (56)
Rory McAllister -> Barry Wilson (65)
Liam Fox -> Roy McBain (75)
Sloan -> Thomson (46)
Brown, G -> Brown, A (46)
Quitongo -> Hamilton (46)
Yellow cards
Stuart Golabek (22)
Thomson (8)
Red cards
None. none
Other statistics
16 Shots 7
10 Shots on goal 3
2 Offsides 3
3 Corner kicks 2
15 Free kicks 11
0 Penalties 0
Match report
A shock in only the second minute when Alloa scored was soon forgotten as Caley Thistle eventually ran out 6-1 winners in this CIS Cup 2nd round match.

A comprehensive victory but only after an early fright. Craig Brewster rotated his squad and significantly rested himself in favour of Dennis Wyness. The result was some excellent football and spectacular goals.

An Alloa corner on the right in the second minute from former ICT player Darran Thomson led to a shock Alloa goal. The ball broke back to Thomson and his cross was bundled over the line by Andrew Brown. The tiny band of Alloa supporters in the south stand went wild but their optimism only lasted until the 19th minute.

Craig Dargo was surrounded in the Alloa box but, with the help of a flick from Wyness, he found Barry Wilson supporting on the right – Wilson hammered a low ball home for the equaliser.

A minute later Wilson tapped a 35 yard free kick to Richie Hart and he bulleted it home with ‘keeper James Evans rooted to the spot.

It was all one way after that and in 37 minutes Wyness set up goal number three. He turned and twisted on the left edge of the box to find space then his ball into the centre was hit low into the net by Roy McBain.

The fourth goal came just before the break following a good run through the centre from Craig Dargo. He had Hart in support on the left but chose to pass to Russell Duncan on the right of the box – he hit it first time high past Evans.

Three Alloa changes at the interval could not stop the rout but the arrival of Jose Quitongo did add some spark to the proceedings. Two minutes after the break ICT won a corner on the left and Hart’s kick was headed in by Grant Munro for 5-1.

Perhaps not surprisingly the game went flat for a while but Alloa did try hard to come back. Ross Tokely robbed Robert Sloan on the edge of the box in 48 minutes then, on the hour mark, an excellent Quitongo shot was deflected by Tom Parratt for a corner.

With ten minutes left a Hart curling ball from the right looked harmless but it nearly crept in and Evans had to push it away. In a late flurry a low Liam Fox long-range shot went wide then Evans dived to push away a Hart effort from 30 yards.

‘Man of the Match’ Wyness was rewarded for his hard work four minutes from time when he turned and hit home number six from 18 yards. A good evening’s work against a plucky Alloa side.