Change:  Go to:
13.11.2004 @ 15:00 Celtic Park, Glasgow Attendance: 56594
3 - 0
Inverness CT
Referee: Hugh Dallas League-match

Sutton (3)
Hartson (53)
Hartson (77)
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
Stuart Golabek
Darren Dods
Barry Wilson
Roy McBain
Russell Duncan
Richie Hart
Graham Bayne
Juanjo Carricondo
Michael Fraser
Stuart McCaffrey
Liam Keogh
Darran Thomson
Liam Fox
Ian Black
Bryan Prunty
Juninho -> Camara (80)
Pearson -> Sutton (80)
Liam Fox -> Juanjo Carricondo (67)
Bryan Prunty -> Barry Wilson (80)
Liam Keogh -> Richie Hart (80)
Yellow cards
Red cards
None None.
Other statistics
14 Shots 9
8 Shots on goal 5
0 Offsides 0
3 Corner kicks 1
9 Free kicks 14
0 Penalties 1
Match report
With a new manager still not in place, John Docherty and Charlie Christie took control of the side and they sent out the same team that took a point the previous Saturday at East End Park.

Mark Brown was fit enough to play and Celtic welcomed back Chris Sutton into the side.

ICT found themselves a goal down after three minutes when Aiden McGeady curled in a cross from the left and Chris Sutton rose high to head into the net. It was not looking good at that stage as the home side pressed to increase their lead but it was ICT who gradually clawed their way back into the game and had a good amount of possession, especially in the midfield area.

Graham Bayne was once again a tireless worker and he neatly set up Barry Wilson but a good tackle by Neil Lennon thwarted the danger. The play swung to the other end and Mark Brown pulled off a tremendous save from Henri Camara before Juanjo was fouled and Roy McBains kick went inches over the bar.

The home side increased their lead in 52 minutes with the first of a double from John Hartson. Jackie McNamara swung over a low cross from the right and Hartson swept the ball into the net. ICT rallied well and Magnus Hedman produced an excellent save from a 30 yard effort by Barry Wilson. Hedman later denied ICT skipper Stuart Golabek by turning his fierce effort round the post.

Liam Fox replaced Juanjo and he was immediately involved in some fine passing with Russell Duncan and Roy McBain. ICT were then given a great chance to get back into the game in 73 minutes when Stanislav Varga brought Richie Hart crashing to the ground. A stonewall penalty but Wilsons weak effort was easily saved by Hedman.

Celtic increased their lead five minutes later with another effort from Hartson. McGeady passed to Jackie McNamara who moved in on goal. Mark Brown narrowed the angle but McNamara managed to squeeze the ball goalwards and it was eventually put into the net by Hartson.

A double substitution by both teams was made but by that time the game was lost for Caley Thistle.