Change:  Go to:
11.09.2004 @ 15:00 Pittodrie Stadium, Aberdeen Attendance: 2011
Inverness CT
1 - 2
Referee: Craig Thomson League-match

Barry Wilson (pen) (37)
Riordan (12)
Riordan (60)
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
Stuart Golabek
Stuart McCaffrey
Barry Wilson
Roy McBain
Richie Hart
Liam Keogh
Graham Bayne
Juanjo Carricondo
S Brown
Michael Fraser
Darren Dods
Russell Duncan
Darran Thomson
Ian Black
Steven Hislop
Bryan Prunty
A Brown
Steven Hislop -> Roy McBain (68)
Ian Black -> Barry Wilson (78)
Bryan Prunty -> Juanjo Carricondo (87)
Rocastle -> Glass (64)
Dobbie -> Riordan (81)
Shields -> Shiels (86)
Yellow cards
Graham Bayne (50)
Stuart Golabek (60)
Grant Munro (65)
Ross Tokely (70)
Red cards
None. None
Other statistics
6 Shots 7
5 Shots on goal 5
0 Offsides 0
4 Corner kicks 10
13 Free kicks 15
1 Penalties 0
Match report
This first meeting with the Easter Road side ended in disappointment. ICT manager John Robertson kept the same team that had come close to getting a result down at Tannadice a fortnight previously and Hibernian welcomed back skipper Ian Murray into the defence.

Caley Thistle began the game well and had most of the early pressure and came close on a few occasions but it was the Easter Road side who opened the scoring with a fine flowing goal after 11 minutes.

Dean Shiels sent Derek Riordan away and his fine run down the left ended with him sending a swerving drive from just inside the box into the net, wide of Mark Brown.

This stung the home side and Juanjo Carricondo was in the thick of things and could easily have had a penalty when he was tumbled inside the area but the referee ignored away his protests. The Spaniard was giving the Hibees defence a torrid time of it and with nine minutes remaining in the opening half he was brought down by Gary Caldwell inside the area and on this occasion the referee had no hesitation in pointing to the spot.

For the third consecutive game it was Barry Wilson who stepped up to coolly slot the ball into the net for a well-deserved equaliser. Caley Thistle kept up the pressure in an effort to grab another goal before the half-time break but it did not happen and one-each was a fair reflection of a good opening half.

ICT opened the second period strongly and Juanjo Carricondo and Barry Wilson set up an excellent chance early on for Richie Hart but his flashing shot went just over the crossbar. The home side fell behind once again on the hour mark when Garry O¹Connor¹s shot was partially blocked by the ICT defence but the ball spun up for Riordan who just managed to flick a header into the net.

Barry Wilson and Graham Bayne both had chances and Bryan Prunty, a late substitute, nearly grabbed an equaliser, but once again the game ended in defeat and disappointment. Chances were created and with a bit of luck the scoreline could have been very different.