ICT are offering a series of bonus benefits as well as a reduction in season ticket prices as an apology for issuing them recently without enough explanation.
"No excuses - it was a mistake that shouldn't have happened " said new Chairman Willie Finlayson. "We accept there is a need for the club to have strong liaison with our fans and let them know more fully what is happening."
"Everyone at the club is devastated about our relegation. We all know we have no divine right to always be in the Premier League but it doesn't stop us from feeling like this."
He added "our priority is to regain our Premiership place at the first time of asking and that's why we want to protect the football budget as much as is realistically possible. That said, communicating involves listening and we have heard and seen some fans reaction to the original announcement "
"The Directors are also season ticket holders and volunteers but first and foremost we are also fans which is why we need to communicate better with our fellow supporters. We're all in this together."
He added " the bottom line is however that there is simply not much room in the world of lower income we find ourselves in for significant discounting of season ticket pricing if we want to present the best challenge for promotion. It's a real chicken and egg situation. The parachute payment goes some way to bridge the gap - but perhaps unsurprisingly not far enough. Outside the Premiership, season ticket revenues inevitably become a larger part of a club's income which is why we have tried to protect it. This is what we should have tried to explain better in the first place."
The Chairman also stressed that the tight financial structure needed to be in place to retain non playing staff and as much of the youth development set up as possible.
The club therefore announces the following :
- A reduction of all season ticket prices by 10%. There is one home game less this season and this means the average cost per game is now slightly reduced.
- An extension of the 'early bird' and loyalty offer to July 1st
- Free entry for all Season Ticket Holders to the first game of the season - our League Cup tie at home to Brechin City on July 15th.
- A higher than originally offered discount of 10% on season tickets (for holders) when we return to the Premier League (we acknowledge that there are no guarantees here).
- A prize draw for all home league fixtures with the winner and a guest invited as Boardroom guests on match day.
- A further draw for each home league fixture with the winner and a guest having corporate hospitality for the day.
- An open day pre season for a chance for season ticket holders to meet with players (current and new), Management and Directors.
“However I would stress that all Directors are happy to meet with supporters at any time down at the stadium to hear your thoughts and what's on your mind. Just give us a call!"
"I accept these further benefits won't satisfy everyone but we hope it goes some way to encourage the purchase of season tickets. A number have already been sold and of course you won't lose out on the discount. We’ll be back in touch with you about the arrangements here."
"On other fronts, tomorrow we will make an announcement of who our new Manager will be (interviews have gone very well)”
“Congrats also to Carl Tremarco and his wife Jenna. They got married last week in Spain, some of his team mates were there too and we gather a very good time was had by all!”