Caley Thistle will take a one goal lead into Friday’s Premiership Play-off second leg against Partick Thistle as goals from Shane Sutherland and Austin Samuels secured a 2-1 at Firhill.

Robbie Crawford had initially given the home side the lead after 54 minutes but Caley Thistle got level through Shane Sutherland with around twenty minutes to go. The winner came with less than ten minutes left as Sutherland turned provider to find Samuels in the box to finish past Jamie Sneddon.

Head Coach Billy Dodds made x changes with Danny Devine, Kirk Broadfoot, Reece McAlear, Sean Welsh and Logan Chalmers coming into the side for Wallace Duffy, Cameron Harper, Lewis Hyde, Roddy MacGregor and Joe Hardy.

The first chance of the match fell to Shane Sutherland in the opening minutes of the match after he was set up by Tom Walsh but his effort was dragged wide.

Partick Thistle had their first real chance as a long throw into the box found Scott Tiffoney at the back post but his effort was fired over the bar.

Billy Mckay saw his effort held by Jamie Sneddon after he ran onto Sutherland flicked on ball. While right on the stroke of half-time Robbie Deas fired narrowly wide after meeting Sean Welsh’s fantastic ball.

After the break, Mark Ridgers was called into action right after the half-time whistle as he saved Brian Graham’s close range shot.

Partick Thistle took the lead after 54 minutes. Jakubiak held the ball up well for Brian Graham and his pass found Crawford in the box and he finished well past Ridgers to opening the scoring.

Caley Thistle responded well to going behind and pressed for an equaliser. Shane Sutherland saw an effort go over the bar.

However, he wouldn’t have to wait long to get on the scoresheet. Jamie Sneddon couldn’t deal with Billy Mckay’s swerving effort and the rebound fell to Sutherland less than ten yards out to equalise and for his 12th goal of the season.

Partick Thistle had a big chance to regain the lead. Juan Alegria capitalised on a mistake by David Carson at the back but the striker blazed his effort over the bar.

Caley Thistle got the winner after 82 minutes on the clock. Sutherland found Austin Samuels in the box with a fantastic cross and the striker did well to finish past Sneddon to make it 2-1.

Caley Thistle will now take the one goal advantage into Friday’s second leg at the Caledonian Stadium