Caley Thistle came from behind to beat Cove Rangers 2-1 at Balmoral Stadium, thanks a penalty from Billy Mckay and a great strike from Cameron Harper.

Head Coach Billy Dodds made two changes from the side which beat Arbroath on Tuesday night as Jay Henderson (suspended) and Robbie Deas dropped in place of Daniel MacKay and Danny Devine.

Cove had a chance early on as Iain Vigurs’ corner found Scott Ross in the box but the defender could only head wide.

Caley Thistle thought they had the lead after just five minutes. Nathan Shaw’s pass found Billy Mckay in the box and he finished well past Kyle Gourlay but the goal was chopped off after a late flag from the linesman.

Billy Mckay looked to get himself onto the scoresheet as he met Sean Welsh’s floated in free-kick in the box but his header was over the bar and behind.

Caley Thistle continued their good pressure as Shaw’s pass found Daniel MacKay in the box after 20 minutes but the winger couldn’t control it as Cove keeper Kyle Gourlay gathered it.

Billy Mckay had another chance to open the scoring on the half hour mark as he met stretched to reach Cameron Harper’s good cross but the striker’s effort was wide and behind.

The hosts had the lead 10 minutes into the second-half through former Caley Thistle man Iain Vigurs. Danny Devine gave away a free-kick as he fouled Mitch Megginson on the edge of the box and Vigurs stepped up to put the free-kick into the bottom corner past Mark Ridgers.

Caley Thistle kept the pressure on after falling behind and they were awarded a penalty kick after 65 minutes as Aaron Doran was clipped in the box by Cove Rangers defender Morgyn Neill. Striker Billy Mckay stepped up and despatched his penalty past Kyle Gourlay.

Just 6 minutes later, the comeback was complete. Aaron Doran’s pass was picked up by Cameron Harper on the edge of the box and did well to unleash a strike past Kyle Gourlay to give Caley Thistle the lead.

Cove had a big chance with ten minutes to go to get a point. Iain Vigurs corner found Scott Ross in the box and his header was deflected of Robbie Deas but Mark Ridgers did well to tip it over the bar and give Caley Thistle three big points.