Caley Thistle take on Morton at the Caledonian Stadium tomorrow in the Tunnock’s Caramel Wafer Cup Third Round.
Inverness CT v Greenock Morton
Saturday 7th September 2019
Tunnock’s Caramel Wafer Cup Third Round
Caledonian Stadium, 3pm kick-off
The Manager: John Robertson
“We had a good chat after the game on Friday, this cup is always a dilemma. Do you keep momentum going after a good result, does it offer you a chance to play guys who are a bit undercooked and to get 90 minutes against really good opposition, yes it does and that’s, ultimately, what we’ve decided to do.
“Roddy MacGregor and Cameron Harper will start, we need to see where they are. They’ve been knocking at the door in pre-season and against Highland League opposition they’ve done really well. In little cameos against Hearts, St Johnstone and Aberdeen they’ve done fine. This is a chance for them to play against a Morton team that will be smarting from their defeat on Friday.”
“It’s the prefect opportunity to give Cammy Mackay another 90 minutes, give games to Kevin McHattie, Cameron Harper, Sean Welsh, who’s coming back from fitness, Charlie Trafford and guys like Nikolay Todorov.”
“This is the route we are going down, we need to develop our younger players and this gives them an opportunity against Championship opposition, on our pitch, in front of a good crowd to develop their game.”
“It’ll be the same with the coaches, Scott Kellacher will take the game with Barry Wilson, incase I’m ill or sent to the stands in the future. Scott will pick the team, along with Barry and they’ll make the changes as well.”
“It’s still a very strong side which will play, it’ll be competitive, it’ll still have every chance of winning the tie but, for us, it’s a chance to give players a much needed 90 minutes, some guys coming back from injuries and, most importantly of all, some of our youngsters getting a run out.”
ICTFC (V Morton): Ridgers, Rooney, Donaldson, McCart, Tremarco, Vincent, Carson, Walsh, Keatings (MacGregor 82′), Doran (Storey 74′), White (Todorov 79′)
Morton (V ICTFC): Rogers, Welsh, McAlister, McLean, Strapp, Colville (Sutton 64′), Jacobs, Millar, Nesbitt (Salkeld 53′), Cadden (Muirhead 81′), McHugh
|W Morton (H) 5-0||L ICTFC (A) 5-0|
|DDundee (A) 0-0||W Partick Thistle (H) 3-2|
|WArbroath (H) 2-1||W Alloa Ath (H) 4-1|
|L Dundee Utd (A) 4-1||L Ayr Utd (A) 4-2|
On Jamie McCart: “I think he’s banged his nose, I don’t think it is broken it just looked very swollen after the game against Clach. He was feeling a bit dizzy so, there was no concussion but we decided there was no point taking any risks. He’ll be fine and available for the squad on Saturday.”
TICKET PRICES FOR THIS MATCH ARE AS FOLLOWS
Concessions (Over 65s, 16-25s, Juniors): £5
Under 12s: FREE*
*With an accompanying ticket holding adult or concession.
Ticket are now available from the Club Shop, over the phone on 01463 222880 and online from https://ictfc.tickethour.co.uk
The Sports Bar will be open from 1pm this Saturday
SEASON TICKET HOLDERS CAN ADD THEIR TICKET ONLINE BY FOLLOWING THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Ticket Hour is an online portal for buying match tickets. It means you can order easily online, on your phone and bring a screen ticket to the stadium. Here’s how
Step One: Log In
- In a browser (phone, tablet or PC) and type in: ictfc.tickethour.co.uk
- Sign in to your Account (if you haven’t set up ypur account yet then use the account details provided in your season card letter – this makes sure you will be able to buy your own seat for cup games)
Step Two: Menu Options
- Click on Menu to see your own options
- Tickets show games on sale if you want to purchase tickets
- Account lets you updated your details
- Any Cup reservations are shown under My Orders/Reservations
- My tickets shows tickets bought and can be used to acess turnstiles (they have the barcodes)
Step Three: My orders/reservations
- Takes you to where you can see tickets that haven’t been purchased yet but are still reserved for your account – e.g. cup games.
- Purchase your cup ticket from this screen.
Step Four: Come to the game!
- When you come to the game, open the ictfc.tickethour.co.uk page on your phone, log in and go to my tickets.
- Show the barcode to the turnstile operater
- You can also print at home if you want
- If you think your internet is not switched on, bring up the barcode before you leave home and take a photo on your phone. Our scanners will still like that too.