Caley Thistle earned their first point of the cinch Championship season with a 1-1 draw with Dunfermline at the Caledonian Stadium.

Nathan Shaw scored his second goal in two games as he opened the scoring with a low effort from around 20 yards but Caley Thistle couldn’t earn their first win of the season as Chris Hamilton equalised for the visitors with around 10 minutes left.

Billy Dodds made three changes to the side which was beaten last weekend against Airdrieonians with new signings Max Anderson and Morgan Boyes going straight into the starting eleven alongside Adam Brooks. Austin Samuels, Zak Delaney and Keith Bray dropped onto the bench.

Caley Thistle opened the scoring through Nathan Shaw after 11 minutes. The winger added to his goal from last weekend’s game as he received Max Anderson’s pass outside the box and drilled low and under Dunfermline keeper Harrison Sharp and via the post for the opening goal.

Caley Thistle pressed for a second, midfielder Charlie Gilmour saw his effort from around 20 yards bounce wide of the post.

After 27 minutes, Nathan Shaw’s corner found its way to Danny Devine in the box but his prodded effort was cleared by the Dunfermline defence.

Charlie Gilmour had another go from range after 34 minutes after a good move from Caley Thistle but the midfielder’s effort was just wide.

After 36 minutes, Adam Brooks had the ball in the net but his goal was chopped off for offside. Replays showed the final touch to play the ball through was last touched by a Dunfermline defender.

In the second-half, Dunfermline went in search of an equaliser as O’Halloran had two early efforts in the second half go just wide.

Caley Thistle looked to extend their lead and 17 year-old Keith Bray burst into the box but saw his effort from inside the box held by keeper Harrison Sharp

Dunfermline found an equaliser with ten minutes to go. A short corner was put into the box by Owen Moffat and the flicked on header in the box by Sam Fisher found Chris Hamilton in the middle and his header was over Ridgers and into the back of the net.

The Pars finished the game strongly and had a good chance late on through Owen Moffat and he burst into the box by his shot was held by Mark Ridgers.