Caley Thistle extended their unbeaten run in the Scottish Championship after a 1-1 draw with Dundee at the Caledonian Stadium on Saturday.

Dundee youngster Lyall Cameron broke the deadlock on the 60 minute mark with a well executed backheel finish, but Inverness soon equalised through Austin Samuels with a calm finish of his own.

The result means that Caley Thistle remain in third in the table, whereas Dundee stay top with only 4 points separating them.

First Half-

The away side had the brighter start to the match, passing the ball more freely and with more accuracy.

The first big chance came from Luke McCowan in the first 2 minutes of the game.

Cameron Harper attempted to stop the tricky winger in the box, but got unlucky as his tackle deflected back into the path of McCowan, whose shot deflected into the hands of Ridgers.

Dundee continued to prowell, and on 8 minutes had another big chance to take the lead – this time Alex Jakubiak who had so much space to find the net, but completely  miss-hit the ball from about 8 yards out, putting the ball well across the face of goal.

The next chance came only 2 minutes later, this being the best chance of the half.

After a great passage of play from Dundee, Luke Hannant received the ball on the edge of the box, took a few touches and tried to find the bottom far corner, but the ball trickled just wide of the post.

The remainder of the half was a cagey encounter. Inverness began to find some form, with Nathan Shaw playing some lovely intricate passes and taking some neat touches to drive his team forward.

Second Half-

Dundee started the second half in the exact same way that they started the first half.

The away side gained a corner 4 minutes into the half on the right side. Hannant took the corner well, managing to find the towering Lee Ashcroft who was free in the centre of the box, but whose header missed the target.

The Highlanders managed to keep Dundee at bay up until the hour mark.

Alex Jakubiak led the counter attack for Dundee very well, and attempted to finish it off but was blocked strongly by Danny Devine, but not strongly enough, as the ball fell to Lyall Cameron with his back to goal in the six yard box.

Cameron showed great initiative to back heel the ball past Mark Ridgers in the Caley Thistle goal to break the deadlock.

Inverness manager Billy Dodds made a tweak to his formation and decided to bring some reinforcements on to try and change the game – with Wallace Duffy, Austin Samuels and Dan MacKay coming on.

The subs proved to be a great decision from Dodds, and instantly made a big difference.

Dan McKay looked bright, taking his man on and beating them consistently, and on 75 minutes would set up his fellow substitute Austin Samuels for the equaliser.

McKay beat his man with some great skill, and placed a wonderful low driven ball into the box where the high flying Wallace Duffy was waiting.

Duffy dummied the ball which seemed to take a slight deflection off him, and fell to Samuels who showed great composure to find the back of the net.

Inverness were the better of the two in the last 15 minutes and nearly won the game through Samuels again, whose curling effort was tame and ended up in the keepers grasp.

Next up: HAMPDEN!