Nairn County won a dramatic penalty shootout to progress to the North of Scotland Cup Final after Caley Thistle had come from 2-0 down.

ICTFC Legend Ross Tokely had given Nairn the lead right before the break and Nairn Manager Steven MacKay doubled their lead in the second-half.

Harry Lodovica produced a fine strike from around 25 yards to get ICT back in the game and the Striker got his second and the equaliser with two minutes remaining to take the match to a penalty shootout.

Nairn won the toss twice thus choosing the end taking them towards and taking first.

The standard of penalties proved excellent with Andrew MacLeod, Angus Dey, Ross Tokely, Ally Gillies, Ciaran Young, George Robesten and Steven MacKay scoring their spot kicks for Nairn.

Jake Davidson, Jack Walker, Lewis Hyde, Adam Brooks, Robbie Thompson and Harry Lodovica all scored for Caley Thistle. Zak Delaney saw his penalty saved by Dylan MacLean which sent Nairn into the final.

Scott Kellacher and Ryan Esson lead the team from the dugout and from the 1-0 win against Rothes in the last round Danny Devine, Sean Welsh and David Wotherspoon came into the side for Jack Walker, Keith Bray and David Wotherspoon. Welsh was making his first appearance since the Dumbarton match in the ViaPlay Cup in July.

The game started with a big chance for Caley Thistle as Jake Davidson produced a fine cross for Harry Lodovica but the striker’s header was wide after just a minute on the clock.

Caley Thistle then went close through Adam Brooks as his effort was held from range and also through Robbie Thompson as he blasted an effort wide after meeting Lewis Hyde’s pass in the box.

Davi Wotherspoon also had a chance to open the scoring after being played through on goal but his shot was saved by Nairn keeper Dylan MacLean.

Caley Thistle did have the ball in the net after 17 minutes but the linesman’s flag was up. Harry Lodovica’s cross met Brooks in the box but the striker was judged to be in an offside position.

Lodovica then tested MacLean himself with a shot from just outside the box after meeting Adam Brooks’ lay off after 26 minutes.

Lodovica had another chance after 33 minutes as he met Sean Welsh’s floated in free-kick but his header was over the bar and behind.

The striker had another chance after 35 minutes, meeting David Wotherspoon’s cross in the box but his header was just off target.

Captain Sean Welsh was forced off after 41 minutes and replaced by Keith Bray after he took a knock earlier in the game.

Nairn County took the lead right before the break, a floated free-kick was swung and found its way to Ross Tokely in the box as he lifted the ball over Cameron MacKay to open the scoring.

Shae Keogh replaced David Wotherspoon at half-time. Keith Bray saw his header held by Nairn Keeper Dylan MacLean after 48 minutes.

Nairn County doubled their lead after 51 minutes, a well worked free-kick by the home side saw MacKay meet Tokely’s ball in the box to head past Cameron MacKay to make it 2-0.

Caley Thistle had a chance to pull one back after 58 minutes, Keith Bray’s corner found Zak Delaney in the box but the centre-back couldn’t control it fully as it over the bar and behind.

Caley Thistle did pull one back with 25 minutes to go, striker Harry Lodovica unleashed a strike from about 25 yards into the top corner and past Dylan MacLean.

Nairn County looked to restore their two goal lead. Kenny McKenzie capitalised on a loose throw by Cameron MacKay and his cross found Ciaran Young in the middle but his effort was wide.

Caley Thistle got an equaliser late on as Harry Lodovica got his second of the match. The striker did well in the box and finished via the post to level the game.

The match then went to a penalty shootout and after six penalties scored for each side, Steven MacKay stepped up and scored while Zak Delaney saw his penalty saved by Dylan MacLean to send Nairn County into the North of Scotland Cup Final.