Change:  Go to:
21.01.2006 @ 15:00 Westfield Stadium, Falkirk Attendance: 4772
1 - 4
Inverness CT
Referee: John Underhill League-match

Ireland (11) Barry Wilson (2)
Dennis Wyness (18)
Craig Dargo (pen) (38)
Ross Tokely (56)
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Richard Hastings
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
Darren Dods
Barry Wilson
Roy McBain
Russell Duncan
Ian Black
Dennis Wyness
Craig Dargo
Michael Fraser
Stuart Golabek
Stuart McCaffrey
David Proctor
Richie Hart
Liam Fox
Rory McAllister
Craig -> Ireland (64)
Moutinho -> Lima (69)
Cregg -> O'Donnell (62)
Stuart Golabek -> Ian Black (66)
David Proctor -> Ross Tokely (79)
Richie Hart -> Barry Wilson (85)
Yellow cards
Cregg (85) Grant Munro (23)
Ian Black (48)
Red cards
None None.
Other statistics
14 Shots 14
8 Shots on goal 8
3 Offsides 0
11 Corner kicks 4
15 Free kicks 9
0 Penalties 1
Match report
Ian Broadfoot reports from Falkirk as Barry Wilson turns in a superb performance with a role in all 4 Caley Thistle goals. The veteran scored one and set up or provided the ball for the other three

An emphatic win against struggling Falkirk and three-in-a-row for caretaker managers John Docherty and Charlie Christie. It was also eleven SPL games undefeated since Falkirk came to Inverness in October and won 3-0 against the odds.

Barry Wilson was the hero of the day with one goal and three assists. Falkirk manager John Hughes acknowledged the fans boos and agreed they had been well beaten. Christie thought his side was ‘fabulous’.

Russell Latapy shot over the Caley Thistle bar in the first minute but it was the visitors who took the lead in just two minutes after Craig Dargo collected the ball in midfield and found Wilson on the right. The winger headed goalwards and shot low past Allan Ferguson from 18 yards for his third goal of the season.

Alan Gow should have equalised two minutes later but Mark Brown blocked his effort with his legs. In the eighth minute Craig Dargo hit straight at Allan Ferguson from point blank range and two minutes after that Falkirk equalised. Gow’s free kick was not cleared by the ICT defence and Craig Ireland rose to head home.

The Inverness side regained the lead in 18 minutes when Dennis Wyness was set up by Wilson and he carefully slid the ball past Ferguson from 12 yards. Falkirk pushed for another equaliser and Brown brilliantly turned away a Russell Latapy free kick in 31 minutes.

The points began to look safe in 38 minutes when a Wilson cross was handled by Tiago Rodrigues and Dargo slotted home the penalty – his third penalty goal in three matches.

Into the second half and the visitors were clearly in control. In 51 minutes Dargo hit the bar from 18 yards then Ian Black hit wide with just Ferguson to beat.

Goal number four came in 56 minutes when a Wilson corner was headed home by Ross Tokely at the near post – his second goal of the season’s SPL campaign.

Falkirk now had a mountain to climb. The team did not give up but many of their fans decided to head for home.

The closest Falkirk came was when substitute Liam Craig hit the bar in the closing stages. For Caley Thistle the job was done and they fully deserved the three points. Sixth place was retained and minds now turned to the visit of Rangers on the 29th.