Change:  Go to:
08.05.1999 @ 15:00 Caledonian Stadium, Inverness Attendance: 2662
Inverness CT 1 - 1 Alloa Athletic
Referee: G Simpson League-match

None. None
Starting Lineup
None. None
Yellow cards
None. None
Red cards
None. None
Match report
A flat match which in the end meant nothing as Livingston beat Forfar to clinch the Division 2 Championship. Caley Thistle were well ahead but could not take their chances. Alloa defended well - particularly keeper Mark Cairns - and occasionally hit on the break. In 6 minutes Paul Sheerin ran into the Alloa area but his shot was tipped away by Cairns. Charlie Christie did the same in 13 minutes but his shot was headed by Paul McAneny to his keeper. Four minutes later Sheerin sent a neat lob to Duncan Shearer just outside the box but Cairns beat him to it. In 20 minutes Barry Wilson was through on the left but instead of shooting he hit it across goal no one was there. In a rare counter-attack on the 23 minute mark Alloas Stuart McKay headed past the post. A minute later Cairns again came to Alloas rescue when he saved two strong Scott McLean shots. On the half hour there was panic in the home defence and this nearly gave McKay a chance but the ball was bundled away. With a minute of the half left Mike Teasdale made a solo run into the Alloa box but his final shot was hit at the keeper. Iain Stewart added bite to the home attack when he came on and in 58 minutes he shot over the bar. A minute later Wilson was grounded but managed to flick the ball to Teasdale he volleyed goalwards but Cairns produced the save of the game to push it away. With 10 minutes left Teasdale ran from midfield, played a one-two with Martin Glancy but hit it over the bar from 7 yards. In 83 minutes Cairns tipped away a Mark McCulloch 22 yard rocket. With 6 minutes left a Sheerin corner fell to Stewart on the 6 yard line and he volleyed into the net from a difficult angle. From the restart Alloa stormed upfield and when Fridge failed to hold a Paul Simpson low ball Derek Clark slid it home for the equaliser. The game petered out and the Championship challenge was over. On the plus side Caley Thistle maintained their unbeaten league home record for the season and can look forward to Division One.