Change:  Go to:
24.04.1999 @ 15:00 Caledonian Stadium, Inverness Attendance: 3246
Inverness CT 3 - 2 Partick Thistle
Referee: B McGarry League-match

None. None
Starting Lineup
None. None
Yellow cards
None. None
Red cards
None. None
Match report
A hard fought match but a deserved victory for Caley Thistle. They were well ahead in the first half but Partick came back in the second and nearly snatched a draw. The home side took the game to Partick from the kick-off and in 8 minutes Paul Sheerin hit the bar. For the first 20 minutes Partick just held on then started to create chances. In 23 minutes Martin Lauchlan ran free on the left and collected a cross-field pass before boring in on goal. Les Fridge blocked the ball with his feet. A minute later it took three defenders to take the ball off Kemajl Avdiu then in 27 minutes Partick took the lead. A through ball found Robert Dunn free but apparently offside. The linesman did not agree and Dunn strode forward before hitting it past Fridge. On the half hour mark it was 1-1. Charlie Christie passed to Scott McLean in the box and he knocked it to Paul Sheerin his shot was blocked and it fell to McLean who scored with a volley. Four minutes later a high ball out of defence from Mike Teasdale reached McLean in the Partick area. He controlled it well under pressure then turned and hit it low past the keeper. Before half time Caley Thistle could have scored more but shots went off target and Kenny Arthur was in good form. In 55 minutes Partick equalised through a Robert Dunn header after a Paul McDonald corner. In 59 minutes Avdiu drove down the left then sent a low ball across goal but nobody could take advantage. There were chances at both ends with one of the best being a Sheerin low drive in 74 minutes which Arthur held at the second attempt. In 80 minutes Fridge had to keep cool to take a fierce Bobby Mann pass-back on his chest. With 5 minutes left a Christie ball found Mann on the Partick bye-line he headed back across goal and Mark McCulloch side footed it into the net to send the fans wild. This put Caley Thistle back on top of the league after Livingston were held to a draw at Stirling. Next weeks game at Livingston has the makings of a classic with the winner odds on to take the Championship.