Change:  Go to:
17.10.1998 @ 15:00 Caledonian Stadium, Inverness Attendance: 2598
Inverness CT 3 - 2 Partick Thistle
Referee: G Mitchell League-match

None. None
Starting Lineup
None. None
Yellow cards
None. None
Red cards
None. None
Match report
The return of Duncan Shearer from injury inspired Caley Thistle to this fine win. The opening goal came in 1 minute 20 seconds when McLean sent in a hanging cross from the right and Paul Sheerin headed into the top corner. It was all Caley Thistle and their pressure was rewarded with a second goal in 24 minutes. An inswinging Barry Wilson corner from the left was headed in by McLean. Two minutes later Paul McDonald was tripped on the edge of the box and Tommy Bryces freekick came off the bar. Partick made it 2-1 on the half-time whistle. Jim Calder raced out of his area and brought down Bryce to concede a free kick. McDonald took the kick and scored with a low ball past the wall. Partick pressed hard from the restart and only a Calder tackle on Dunn just outside the area in 47 minutes prevented a scoring chance. Sheerin had a good effort in 54 minutes when his shot from the right just scraped over. Another Sheerin shot in 59 minutes was blocked and a glancing header from Shearer went past the post in 65 minutes. In 68 minutes a Bryce free kick was headed on by Morgan but Calder tipped it over. Four minutes later McLean made it 3-1 with another header. Wilson took a corner , Shearer headed it on and McLean headed in at the far post. The game looked safe for the home side and McLean hit low drives past the post in the 77th and 78th minutes. Partick were frustrated and bad fouls led to bookings for Archibald and McKeown Archibald was lucky to escape a red card for his scything tackle on Wilson. This was to prove costly for Caley Thistle three minutes later. The defence failed to clear a free kick and a lob back into the box found Archibald in space - he controlled it well and hit it past Calder. After an anxious three minutes it ended 3-2.