Change:  Go to:
22.08.1998 @ 15:00 Recreation Park, Alloa Attendance: 616
Alloa Athletic 1 - 1 Inverness CT
Referee: G Mitchell League-match

None None.
Starting Lineup
None None.
Yellow cards
None None.
Red cards
None None.
Match report
Caley Thistle missed a chance to go clear at the top of Division 2. From the kick-off Alloas McKechnie raced down the left but his pass was turned away by McCulloch. In 20 minutes Cairns reacted well to clutch a McLean shot. On the half hour mark Calder tackled and beat McKechnie then made a double save from the same player in 36 minutes. In 39 minutes Caley Thistle took the lead when Sheerin sent in an angled shot which hit the bar and Tokely headed it home. Alloa livened up in the second half and from the restart they came close.
A McAney cross reached McKechnie 18 yards out but he drove past. A minute later Irvine sent in a corner from the left but Nelson headed over. Alloas pressure looked as if it was going to pay off when Hastings was penalised for handling the ball. Willie Irvine took the penalty but hit the post. It was all Alloa and in 64 minutes a Simpson shot rebounded back to the tall striker and he drove past Calder from close range. Caley Thistle pressed and a Wilson run led to a Teasdale shot over the bar from outside the box. Cairns then made a great double save from McLean and Sheerin. At the other end in 71 minutes there was danger when Mark Wilson sent over a fine cross but Nelson and Irvine collided. With 10 minutes left Mike Teasdale seemed to have scored the winner for Caley Thistle. Wilson took a corner on the left, Shearer headed it into Teasdales path and he drove low into the net. The referee gave a goal but the assistants flag was up - Ross Tokely was offside. Caley Thistle continued to press in 81 minutes McLean sent a drive past the post, Cairns saved a Wilson shot in 82 minutes and Christie shot over in 84 minutes. Overall Caley Thistle had the edge but Alloas second half display earned them a valuable point.