Change:  Go to:
28.04.2001 @ 15:00 Caledonian Stadium, Inverness Attendance: 2824
Inverness CT
2 - 3
Referee: S Kaney League-match

None. None
Starting Lineup
None. None
Yellow cards
None. None
Red cards
None. None
Match report
Livingstons victory gave them a place in the Premier League but they were fortunate to take all three points. Caley Thistle had the upper hand in the first half against a nervous Livvie side and keeper Javier Broto kept them in the game with several top class saves. Paul Sheerin was first to test Broto with a long range effort in 3 minutes his shot was tipped onto the post and over for a corner. In 9 minutes Broto raced out of his area to head away before Dennis Wyness could pounce. A Livvie attack in 12 minutes led to Barry Wilson bearing down on Jim Calder. He rounded the keeper but failed with the final touch. Davide Fernandez was through two minutes later but Ross Tokely was chasing him all the way and did enough to put him off the ball was hoisted over the bar. Martin Bavidge was brought down by Broto in 17 minutes and Sheerin scored with the penalty. Broto was lucky to escape with a yellow card and this proved invaluable to Livvie as the game progressed. In 23 minutes Bobby Mann took a long range free kick but Broto fisted it away for a corner. The home side then created numerous chances but could not extend their lead. Livingston came back and Calder had to dive to tip away a Steve Tosh low shot. From the resultant corner a Graham Coughlan header came off the post to Fernandez he equalised with a low ball from a difficult angle. Livingston took the lead when Stuart McCaffrey brought down Fernandez in the box in 42 minutes he seemed to be offside before that but play was waved on and a penalty given. Barry Wilson scored to make it 2-1. Broto saved well from Wyness right on the half time whistle. The second half was fairly even and the home side were unlucky to go 3-1 down in 53 minutes. Fernandez was racing through and McCaffrey put a foot in to tackle he only succeeding in looping the ball over the advancing Calder. Steve Tosh netted in 57 minutes but he was offside. The game flowed from end to end after that and in 82 minutes Brian McPhee headed past. In 87 minutes Broto made another stunning save from a Mann rocket shot inside the box. In the dying seconds Kevin Byers was felled in the Livingston box by Coughlan and Sheerin scored his second penalty goal. It was not enough and at the final whistle Livingston were confirmed as champions. Their fans invaded the pitch to celebrate this remarkable achievement for a team which only came into existence 6 years ago from the ashes of Meadowbank Thistle. Caley Thistle now go head to head with Falkirk for third place next week.