Change:  Go to:
22.04.2006 @ 15:00 Tulloch Caledonian Stadium, Inverness Attendance: 3609
Inverness CT
1 - 0
Dundee Utd
Referee: M Tumilty League-match

Craig Dargo (92)
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Richard Hastings
Ross Tokely
Stuart Golabek
Darren Dods
Barry Wilson
Roy McBain
Richie Hart
Liam Keogh
Dennis Wyness
Craig Dargo
Michael Fraser
Stuart McCaffrey
Tom Parratt
Alan Morgan
Zander Sutherland
Graham Bayne
Rory McAllister
Alan Morgan -> Roy McBain (64)
Rory McAllister -> Dennis Wyness (81)
Goodwillie -> Robertson (75)
Abbot -> Brebner (85)
Yellow cards
Ross Tokely (21)
Kerr (40)
Ritchie (69)
Red cards
None. None
Other statistics
10 Shots 9
5 Shots on goal 5
3 Offsides 2
5 Corner kicks 4
23 Free kicks 15
0 Penalties 0
Match report
For 91minutes and 40 seconds this was a drab affair but Craig Dargo popped up at the death to score his nineteenth goal of the season and secure the points for Caley Thistle.
This was Craig Brewster's first return to Inverness with his new side and he left bitterly disappointed.

Once more Charlie Christie shuffled his side as Dennis Wyness returned from injury and Richard Hastings played in a centre back position instead of Grant Munro. Richie Hart and Roy McBain also came into the starting eleven. Conditions were not suited to good football with a strong, cold, swirling wind that favoured United in the first half.

Neither side could come to grips with the wind and it was 19 minutes before the first shot on target. Liam Keogh made a run at the edge of the United box and sent an excellent pass to Hart on the left. Hart hit an on-target low ball but Craig Samson dived to turn it round the post.

In 28 minutes a long range Grant Brebner shot was heading for Mark Brown's goal but it bounced off Collin Samuel to safety. Just before the break a curling Ross Gardiner ball from the left was aimed for Samuel in the Caley Thistle box but it flashed past him.

In 52 minutes a Hart corner from the left was hit goalwards by Craig Dargo and Samson fumbled it. Luckily for United Charlie Mulgrew was on hand to clear off the line. Dargo set up Barry Wilson two minutes later but Mulgrew robbed him as he prepared to shoot.

It took until eight minutes from time before Brown was tested. A Mulgrew free kick from 25 yards was deflected and Brown was forced to push it round the post. The home side pushed hard in the last few minutes and with 87 minutes on the clock a McAllister/Tokely/Wilson move on the right set up Alan Morgan but his low shot on the turn went wide.

The assistant referee signalled two minutes of added time and Caley Thistle needed virtually all of it. The all-important goal came as Alan Archibald hesitated on the edge of his own area and Dargo nipped in to take possession. He took a couple of steps before sending a low ball past Samson and setting the home stands alight. There was just time for the kick-off before the final whistle sounded and the home side were given a standing ovation as they left the pitch - something that seemed highly unlikely a few minutes before.

With Motherwell only taking a point from Falkirk, seventh place was retained with a gap of four points. This was the last Saturday home match of the season so fans were polled for the prestigious Supporters’ Player of the Year award. The recipient was Darren Dods and he was presented with the trophy in the Kingsmills Suite after the game. The Players’ Player of the Year award went to top goalscorer Craig Dargo.