Change:  Go to:
03.02.2001 @ 15:00 Caledonian Stadium, Inverness Attendance: 1913
Inverness CT
1 - 1
Referee: J Rowbotham League-match

None. None
Starting Lineup
None. None
Yellow cards
None. None
Red cards
None. None
Match report
Despite an excellent performance Caley Thistle could only manage a draw against a defensive Falkirk side. The first half was very even with the home side coming up against a resolute defence and Falkirk hitting on the break. Caley Thistle dominated the second half but could only manage one goal. They pressed from kick off but it was Falkirk who took the lead in 13 minutes. A Mark Roberts free kick was touched to Andy Lawrie in a crowded box and he netted from close range. In 23 minutes Paul Sheerin sent in a cross which Dennis Wyness met first time Myles Hogarth held his angled shot. Wyness had a great chance to equalise on the half hour mark. A David Bagan shot rebounded to Wyness with a clear sight of goal but from 18 yards he shot just past. Five minutes later Falkirk broke but Alex Burke was caught offside. Close to half time a good move led to a Bagan ball across goal but everybody missed it. Straight from the restart a charge upfield led to a clever backheel from Paul Sheerin which set up Roy McBain. He was well placed but hit it low and past. Hogarth did well to hold a hanging ball from Bagan in 49 minutes but five minutes later he spilled a 25 yard shot from Charlie Christie. Wyness was on hand but his attempt on goal was blocked by the keeper then cleared for a corner. The pressure on the Falkirk defence continued unabated but it took until the 67th minute before the equaliser came. Bobby Mann intercepted in his own half and set Paul Sheerin off on a strong run. Sheerin crossed, Hogarth hesitated and Wyness headed into the net. Hogarth saved the day 5 minutes later when he dived to collect a Christie drive from 25 yards. Jim Calder had been a spectator for most of the match but he showed his class 3 minutes from time when he turned over a Lawrie volley. In 80 minutes Hogarth dived to punch out a Bagan angled drive then a Ross Tokely shot was blocked. Caley Thistle continued to outplay Falkirk right to the final whistle but could not score a second. A good draw against a top team but a victory would have been deserved.