Change:  Go to:
06.05.2006 @ 15:00 East End Park, Dunfermline Attendance: 5354
0 - 1
Inverness CT
Referee: D McDonald League-match

None Alan Morgan (53)
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Stuart Golabek
Stuart McCaffrey
Darren Dods
Barry Wilson
Roy McBain
Liam Keogh
Alan Morgan
Graham Bayne
Rory McAllister
Michael Fraser
Tom Parratt
Guy Kerr
Russell Duncan
Liam Fox
Zander Sutherland
Dennis Wyness
Phinn -> Wilson (45)
Daquin -> Tarachulski (62)
Wilson -> Muirhead (84)
Dennis Wyness -> Rory McAllister (77)
Liam Fox -> Alan Morgan (84)
Russell Duncan -> Barry Wilson (89)
Yellow cards
None Roy McBain (40)
Red cards
None None.
Other statistics
9 Shots 14
2 Shots on goal 3
2 Offsides 1
6 Corner kicks 12
12 Free kicks 12
0 Penalties 0
Match report
A fine end to the season as Caley Thistle made it five wins in a row after the break and five shut-outs - a major contrast to the poor finish last season. Youngster Guy Kerr made his debut on the bench and top goalscorer Craig Dargo dropped out due to injury. Graham Bayne partnered Rory McAllister up front and ‘keeper Mark Brown was restored to the starting eleven.

The first half was a lacklustre affair with Dunfermline having the better of the early exchanges. In the third minute Scott Muirhead sent a rising ball over the bar after a Noel Hunt free kick had rebounded off the wall. A free kick from Muirhead then went wide and another was held by Brown. Stuart Golabek tested Bryn Halliwell in 15 minutes but the ‘keeper held his angled shot from 18 yards. Graham Bayne then shot over and, as the half came to a close, both Liam Keogh and Rory McAllister headed over the bar.

The second half was much livelier and just after the break an 18 yard strike from Roy McBain was tipped over by Halliwell. The visitors made the all important breakthrough in 53 minutes through Alan Morgan. A Morgan corner was headed goalwards by Ross Tokely then deflected over. Barry Wilson took the second flag kick and it rebounded to Morgan who drove home from 25 yards for his third goal of the season.

Nine minutes later a powerful Liam Keogh shot was cleared for a corner by Gary Mason. The closest Dunfermline came to scoring was in 75 minutes when a Hunt header from 18 yards was tipped over by the retreating Brown. In the last five minutes both Bayne and substitute Liam Fox hit wide from just outside the box. Halliwell collected a head flick from substitute Dennis Wyness before the whistle went to end the match and the season.

With a job well done the Caley Thistle players headed off for a holiday in the sun. It all starts again on 21 June.