Change:  Go to:
05.03.2002 @ 19:00 Caledonian Stadium, Inverness Attendance: 5037
Inverness CT 0 - 1 Partick Thistle
Referee: J Rowbotham Scottish Cup / Quarter Final Replay-match

None. None
Starting Lineup
None. None
Yellow cards
None. None
Red cards
None. None
Match report
Bitter disappointment for Caley Thistle as they missed the chance of a Hampden semi-final against Rangers. Scott Paterson saved Partick at Firhill with his first goal for the club to take the match to a replay. His second goal won the tie. Heavy rain left the pitch very wet and put the match in doubt a late inspection ruled it playable but it was a close call. Despite the heavy ground both sides played good football although shots on target were limited. Danny Lennon raced into the home box in the third minute but David Bagan made a saving tackle. Particks Scott McLean shot low past the post in 7 minutes from 25 yards then a Roy McBain ball into the Partick box was cleared. In 15 minutes a high Ross Tokely cross from the right went just beyond Paul Ritchie. At the other end Nicky Walker pushed a Martin Hardie shot for a corner in 23 minutes then Scott Paterson headed past. Two minutes later Russell Duncan ran from the right into the centre but his shot was blocked by Kenny Arthur. In 28 minutes Charlie Christie set up a Bagan run and shot but Arthur collected at the second attempt. A good move in 33 minutes started with a Bagan interception on the halfway line then a Dennis Wyness blocked shot it fell to Tokely but his low ball was deflected for a corner. The best home chance of the first half came with a Bobby Mann free 25 yards out in 38 minutes after Wyness had been fouled - it flew past the post. Just after the interval a low Christie drive was saved by Arthur then in 55 minutes a Paterson headed goal was offside. The only goal of the game came in 67 minutes after Mann brought down Gerry Britton 25 yards out. Patersons superb strike soared over the wall and into the net with Walker stranded. Play became a little ragged after that but Duncan did hit a superb 30 yard angled shot in 83 minutes Arthur saved well. Seconds later Walker collected at the left edge of his box under pressure from McLean but was ruled to have handled outside the area he was booked then made a diving save when the free kick led to a long shot from Stephen Craigan. Derek Fleming needed attention for two minutes then both Hardie and Fleming were booked for time wasting at a throw despite this there was only one minute of added time. Partick booted the ball away for the last few minutes and held out to win. Not a classic cup tie but a brave home performance at the end of an exciting cup run.