Change:  Go to:
01.12.2001 @ 15:00 Caledonian Stadium, Inverness Attendance: 1591
Inverness CT 1 - 2 Airdrieonians
Referee: C MacKay League-match

None. None
Starting Lineup
None. None
Yellow cards
None. None
Red cards
None. None
Match report
Back to league action after Wednesdays cup tie and more disappointment. The Inverness side took until the last half hour to come alive but in the end were unlucky not to sneak a point. Airdrie nearly scored in the fourth minute when Mark Roberts crossed high from the right and Owen Coyle hit it first time low but past. The home side then applied some pressure before Airdrie took the lead in 17 minutes. A swift move from defence to attack led to an Owen Coyle ball from the right being dummied by Stuart Taylor and Tony Smith hitting it under Nicky Walker and into the net. In 24 minutes a Taylor shot from 12 yards out came back off the bar then in 29 minutes a Taylor header was saved by Walker. The rest of the first half produced very little but the pace of the game improved in the second half. In 53 minutes Allan Ferguson saved a Roy McBain shot at the second attempt then five minutes later Airdrie were awarded a penalty after Mike Teasdale was penalised for a push on Taylor it seemed soft but Coyle took full advantage and scored to make it 2-0. This seemed to spur Caley Thistle on and they pulled one back only three minutes after the penalty goal. Teasdale ran through the middle and passed to Charlie Christie in the box he hit the ball goalwards and it came out to Paul Ritchie who scored from six yards. The home side pushed forward for an equaliser and felt aggrieved in 65 minutes when a Ritchie header appeared to be handled and nothing was given. McBain shot not far over from 30 yards in 78 minutes then in 82 minutes the post came to Airdries rescue from a Martin Bavidge close range shot. A minute later a Barry Robson shot was deflected for a corner with Ferguson rooted to the spot. Caley Thistle pressed to the whistle but it was not going to be their day.