Change:  Go to:
26.10.2005 @ 19:45 Tulloch Caledonian Stadium Attendance: 3660
Inverness CT
0 - 3
Referee: Dougie McDonald League-match

None. Thomson (22)
Duffy (70)
Moutinho (90)
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
Darren Dods
Barry Wilson
Russell Duncan
Richie Hart
Liam Fox
Alan Morgan
Dennis Wyness
Craig Brewster
Michael Fraser
Richard Hastings
David Proctor
Tom Parratt
Ian Black
Graham Bayne
Craig Dargo
Richard Hastings -> Alan Morgan (46)
Graham Bayne -> Liam Fox (61)
David Proctor -> Richie Hart (70)
Lima -> O'Donnell (73)
O'Neil -> Latapy (73)
Moutinho -> Duffy (84)
Yellow cards
None. Lawrie (36)
Red cards
None. none
Other statistics
11 Shots 11
2 Shots on goal 8
2 Offsides 4
2 Corner kicks 5
12 Free kicks 14
0 Penalties 0
Match report
Ian Broadfoot reports on the league match against Falkirk at the Tulloch Caledonian Stadium. Falkirk were beaten on the opening day of the season by ICT, but revenge was theirs in this game as they dished out a heavy defeat to Caley Thistle.

For Falkirk this was a good performance and a fine win. For Caley Thistle it was a night to forget and the award of the 'Man of the Match' award to Falkirk's Craig McPherson told its own story. One "bright spot" was the switching on of two new floodlights.

Craig Brewster stuck by the team that took a point at Livingston but Falkirk made a number of changes. At the end Falkirk manager John Hughes was a happy man and Craig Brewster was 'gutted'.

It all started well although Falkirk's Russell Latapy was first to come close with a free kick in five minutes - his rising shot from 22 yards was wide of Mark Brown's right-hand post. Three minutes later it was Richie Hart's turn with a curling free kick which Falkirk 'keeper Matt Glennon punched clear. A minute later Barry Wilson beat two defenders and shot for goal - Glennon did well to hold his hard effort. Craig Brewster's glancing header was off target, a Liam Fox lob went wide right then a Dennis Wyness 18 yard shot went low and beyond the post.

The home confidence was brought to an abrupt halt by Falkirk's opening goal in 22 minutes. Somehow Steven Thomson raced
through the middle onto a Latapy through ball without an offside flag and, with futile claims being made, he ran on and hit the ball low past Brown. The stand-side assistant referee was to be reminded of this seeming injustice by the home fans for the rest of the match.

The goal not surprisingly gave Falkirk confidence. Brown held a Latapy free kick in 26 minutes then took the ball at the feet of Thomson in 34 minutes.

The best home efforts were close to the half-time whistle when a Russell Duncan long shot was blocked and the follow-up moves led to an off-target header from Wyness.

In the second half the home side continued to try everything but nothing came off. A Wyness angled shot was blocked in 48 minutes, the same player lobbed over in 51 minutes then five minutes later Wilson tried to lob Glennon as he came out but he hit wide. In between Andy Lawrie headed wide of Brown's goal following a Latapy corner.

The good home spell continued and Wilson hit wide from 20 yards before substitute Graham Bayne sent a glancing header over the bar just after coming on. Successive shots from Hart and Bayne were blocked in 64 minutes before Falkirk hit on the break to go two ahead in 69 minutes. Darryl Duffy ran down the left then played a neat one-two with Latapy before curling the ball past Brown.

Wyness headed over the bar in 71 minutes and Brewster did the same in 78 minutes. Falkirk were content to soak up all pressure and rarely troubled Brown until another counter attack in stoppage time led to a third goal. Vitor Lima set substitute Pedro Moutinho off from the half-way line and he raced goalwards. On the left of the box he neatly drew two defenders, headed right then hit low past Brown.

A great goal for the neutrals but not the home fans. Eighth place was retained but the lower teams have been picking up points.