Change:  Go to:
26.04.2003 @ 15:00 Recreation Park, Alloa Attendance: 485
Alloa Athletic 1 - 5 Inverness CT
Referee: E Martindale League-match

Sloan (pen 60) Bobby Mann (19)
Paul Ritchie (28)
Paul Ritchie (50)
Paul Ritchie (71)
Stuart Golabek (84)
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
Bobby Mann
Stuart Golabek
Stuart McCaffrey
Barry Robson
Roy McBain
Russell Duncan
Dennis Wyness
Paul Ritchie
Michael Fraser
David Bagan
Anthony Low
Liam Keogh
Steven Hislop
Knox -> Watson (65)
Walker -> Stevenson (65)
Gillan -> Christie (76)
David Bagan -> Russell Duncan (76)
Anthony Low -> Dennis Wyness (80)
Steven Hislop -> Paul Ritchie (80)
Yellow cards
None Barry Robson (60)
Russell Duncan (60)
Red cards
None None.
Match report
It was heads you win in this convincing victory over relegation-threatened Alloa. The highlight was Paul Ritchies second hat-trick of the season at Recreation Park. Alloa tried hard but their only reward was a goal from a penalty awarded by referee Eric Martindale in his last game before retiral. Stuart McCaffrey celebrated his hundredth appearance for Caley Thistle. Bobby Mann opened the scoring in the 19th minute with a well placed header following a Barry Robson corner from the left. Nine minutes later Ross Tokely crossed from the right and Ritchie netted with a glancing header to make it 2-0. In 34 minutes Stuart Golabek crossed from the left but Derek Soutar did well to save Robsons flick. Soutar again saved from Robson just after half-time before Ritchie scored again to make it 3-0 in 50 minutes. He took a pass from Russell Duncan on the left side of the box, evaded a defender then hit low into the far corner. Alloa gained a lifeline on the hour mark when Robert Soutar scored from the penalty spot after Gareth Hutchison was pushed by Mann. This spurred them on and two minutes later Mark Brown saved a Ross Hamilton header at point blank range. The fightback ended in 71 minutes when Ritchie completed his hat-trick a diving header after a Robson cross from the right. Six minutes from time Golabek ran through the middle, passed to Robson on the left, raced up in support and when the cross came he dived to head only his second career goal. Seconds later Brown pushed a Scott Crabbe header over the bar then Soutar denied Robson after a good run and pass from Tony Low. Ross Countys home victory over Arbroath puts them three points ahead of Alloa and with better goal difference with two games left Alloa look doomed.