Change:  Go to:
28.12.2002 @ 15:00 Love Street, Paisley Attendance: 3054
St. Mirren
1 - 4
Inverness CT
Referee: S Conroy League-match

Cameron (86) Dennis Wyness (14)
Ross Tokely (24)
Graeme Stewart (31)
Paul Ritchie (51)
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Bobby Mann
Stuart Golabek
Stuart McCaffrey
Charlie Christie
Barry Robson
Graeme Stewart
Roy McBain
Dennis Wyness
Paul Ritchie
Michael Fraser
David Bagan
Anthony Low
Liam Keogh
Brian Gilfillan
Broadfoot -> McGowan (32)
Dunbar -> Robb (46)
Kerr -> Lappin (80)
David Bagan -> Charlie Christie (67)
Liam Keogh -> Paul Ritchie (73)
Anthony Low -> Graeme Stewart (80)
Yellow cards
Barry Robson (60)
Red cards
None None.
Match report
An excellent start to John Robertsons managerial career amidst major media hype. St Mirren were a poor, dispirited side but Caley Thistle played good football and took their chances well. Ludo Roy had a busy afternoon and he delayed the opening goal with good diving saves from Charlie Christie and Paul Ritchie. He was beaten in the 14th minute after a neat move which started with a short Barry Robson corner to Christie. He fired goalwards and Dennis Wyness flicked it past Roy from close range. Mark Brown had a quiet time in the other goal but he did make some important saves including an 18th minute parry from a Graham Guy 25 yard free kick. Goal number two came in 24 minutes following an inswinging Robson corner which caused confusion in Roys goal. It came out to Ross Tokely who hammered home from the penalty spot. The pressure continued and Bobby Mann was unlucky when his header came off the post following a Robson corner in 27 minutes. Just after the half hour mark Graeme Stewart celebrated his first start of the season with a fine goal. Wyness was the provider when he drew the defence on the left and slipped it to Stewart on the right side of the box he switched it to his left foot and drove low into the net. It could easily have been four or five by half time. A Robson corner was scrambled away by Roy in 34 minutes with the aid of a post then three minutes later Christie took a Paul Ritchie lob in the box and hit it over the bar as Roy advanced. Brown did well in 40 minutes to save from Mendes with his legs then Roy did the same at the other end to foil Ritchie. In 51 minutes Ritchies hard work paid off when he outpaced the defence down the right and sent a low angled ball past Roy at the near post. Roy then kept the score down with good saves from Ritchie and Wyness. Play became scrappy as the visitors sat on their lead and Saints continued to create little. They did gain a consolation four minutes from time when Martin Cameron scored with an angled near-post header after a Ricky Gillies cross. This did nothing to placate the home fans but the small band from Inverness went home happy. Falkirk won 5-0 but ICT remain top on goal difference.