Change:  Go to:
12.07.2006 @ 19:45 Borough Briggs, Elgin Attendance: 530
Elgin City 0 - 2 Inverness CT
Referee: M Ritchie Friendly-match

None None.
Starting Lineup
None None.
Yellow cards
None None.
Red cards
None None.
Match report
Match Report provided by Club Historian Ian Broadfoot.


Renton, Kaczan, Dempsie, Lowe (Morrison 61), Dickson, Muir (Main 60), Finnigan (Charlesworth 63), Campbell (Smith 83), Johnston, Gardiner (Tweedie 79), Nelson
Subs – McIntosh & Knight


Brown, McCaffrey, Golabek, Munro (Hastings 46), Dods, Black (McBain 46), Wilson (Hart 61), Wyness, Dargo, Keogh (Duncan 46), Morgan (McAllister 78)
Subs – Bayne & Smith

A 2-0 win for the visitors but it could easily have been more – excellent goalkeeping by Keiron Renton denied ICT on several occasions.

At the other end Elgin had chances but could not convert. Elgin’s Adam Nelson was through on the left side of the box in the third minute after being set up by Chris Finnigan but Stuart McCaffrey stepped in to block at the vital moment.

The first goal came in 20 minutes after Renton dived to his left to save an Alan Morgan free kick from 25 yards – Darren Dods passed the loose ball to Barry Wilson, he chipped it across goal and Craig Dargo sent it into the roof of the net from close range. Three minutes later Renton punched away a goal-bound Dennis Wyness header.

Renton denied Wilson twice in the 34th minute then Mark Brown was called into action at the other end to save from Paul Kaczan. Five minutes from the break Ian Black turned neatly on the edge of the Elgin box to wrong foot the defence then cleverly lobbed it over Renton for 2-0.

Many second half substitutions upset the rhythm but chances were still created. Two of the best fell to Elgin in 57 minutes when Chris Gardiner raced through just onside but hit the post. Martin Johnston looked to have an easy task with the follow-up but Brown saved well.

Roy McBain sent Russell Duncan through in 72 minutes but Renton made another excellent stop. It should have been 3-0 in 77 minutes when Dargo drew Renton out of goal then sent a cross into the centre – Wyness hit over the bar with Renton racing back to cover.

Both sides had half chances late on but it ended 2-0.