Change:  Go to:
21.12.2002 @ 15:00 Caledonian Stadium, Inverness Attendance: 1639
Inverness CT 1 - 1 Alloa Athletic
Referee: I Frickleton League-match

Bobby Mann (5)
Hutchison (44)
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
Bobby Mann
Stuart Golabek
Charlie Christie
Barry Robson
Roy McBain
Richie Hart
Dennis Wyness
Paul Ritchie
Fisher (Watson 38)
Crabbe (G Evans 88)
Michael Fraser
Graeme Stewart
David Bagan
Anthony Low
Liam Keogh
G Evans
J Evans
Liam Keogh -> Paul Ritchie (88)
David Bagan -> Richie Hart (88)
Watson -> Fisher (38)
G Evans -> Crabbe (88)
Yellow cards
Grant Munro (60)
Ross Tokely (60)
Red cards
Grant Munro (71)
Match report
In the opening game of the season Alloa came north, defended resolutely and went home with a point this was more of the same. It may have been the lack of a permanent manager or just an off day but things did not go well for the home side. It started brightly with a Bobby Mann goal in five minutes direct from a 22 yard free kick but the rest of the game was just frustrating. When they did find the way to goal it was blocked by an inspired Myles Hogarth. He saved in nine minutes from Paul Ritchie then again five minutes later from Dennis Wyness. At the other end a Jim Fisher corner came off the top of the bar in 11 minutes then Mark Brown saved from Gareth Hutchison in 16 minutes. Hogarth dived to save from Ritchie in 22 minutes then moments later Wyness hit low and past. Wyness had a good chance in 28 minutes with only Hogarth to beat but the angle was too tight and he slid it past the post. Alloa soaked up all the pressure then scored in 44 minutes a Hutchison header following an Andrew Seaton corner. In 53 minutes Wyness charged down a Hogarth clearance and the ensuing scramble ended when Barry Robsons cross was cleared. Brown had to be alert to save with his feet in 64 minutes when Little was through then bizarre refereeing led to a red card for Grant Munro in 71 minutes. He had been harshly booked for a foul a minute earlier and when he was late tackling Scott Crabbe the red card came out. The crowd were incensed and Mr Frickleton was booed at every turn thereafter. Hogarth saved brilliantly from Wyness in 79 minutes then Brown did the same from Hutchison in 85 minutes. The inconsistent refereeing was highlighted a minute from time when play was waved on despite a foul on substitute Liam Keogh. Time ran out and Alloa were delighted with a point. With Falkirks game falling victim to freezing weather a point was enough to make Caley Thistle the Christmas number one.