Change:  Go to:
02.11.2002 @ 15:00 Caledonian Stadium, Inverness Attendance: 2023
Inverness CT
4 - 1
St. Mirren
Referee: B Cassidy League-match

Dennis Wyness (7)
Dennis Wyness (25)
Richie Hart (58)
Barry Robson (pen) (84)
Gillies (82)
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
Bobby Mann
Stuart Golabek
Barry Robson
Roy McBain
Russell Duncan
Richie Hart
Dennis Wyness
Paul Ritchie
Ally Ridgers
Stuart McCaffrey
Charlie Christie
Anthony Low
Liam Keogh
Anthony Low -> Ross Tokely (76)
Charlie Christie -> Richie Hart (76)
Liam Keogh -> Dennis Wyness (80)
Dunbar -> Mendes (66)
Kerr -> Lappin (66)
Dow -> Guy (77)
Yellow cards
None. Lowing
Red cards
None. None
Match report
Another excellent Caley Thistle performance and a resounding win. St Mirren were outplayed from the start and it only took seven minutes for the opening goal to come. Ricky Robbs attempted clearance in midfield allowed Dennis Wyness to step in and head for goal. Kris Robertson had been out of position and scrambled back but could not stop Wynesss well placed low shot. After further pressure on the Saints defence Wyness made it 2-0 in 25 minutes with an 18 yard blast after good work by Roy McBain. Saints rarely reached the home box but when Graham Guy did make it in 31 minutes he was stopped by a fine Stuart Golabek tackle. Three minutes after the break Robertson came out of his goal to clear on the right but it was a poor kick Wyness intercepted and tried first time to find the goal from long distance but his lob was wide. Robertson redeemed himself two minutes later when he made a point blank save from Paul Ritchie. Wyness set up the third goal when he twisted past two defenders then passed to Richie Hart on the edge of the D he thundered the ball goalwards and the keeper was helpless. A Ritchie flick came off the post in 78 minutes then Saints clawed one back four minutes later. A Chris Kerr cross from the left was headed in by Ricky Gillies from close range. Before the dust had settled Robson headed for the Saints goal and his shirt was pulled by Brian McGinty. Advantage was played but when Robsons shot was blocked by Robertson the referee gave a penalty. Robson rounded off a good afternoons work but taking it himself and scoring for 4-1. The pressure continued and with four minutes left a Bobby Mann free kick flashed past the post. Caley Thistle now move within two points of top team Falkirk.