Change:  Go to:
08.05.2004 @ 15:00 Broadwood Stadium Attendance: 4850
Clyde 1 - 2 Inverness CT
Referee: J Rowbotham League-match

Harty (pen 72) Liam Keogh (54)
Steven Hislop (79)
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Bobby Mann
Stuart Golabek
Stuart McCaffrey
David Proctor
Barry Wilson
Roy McBain
Richie Hart
Liam Keogh
David Bingham
Paul Ritchie
Michael Fraser
Grant Munro
Darran Thomson
Steven Hislop
Craig MacMillan
Gilhaney -> Hagen (55)
Keogh -> Smith (55)
Fotheringham -> Kernaghan (72)
Steven Hislop -> Paul Ritchie (73)
Grant Munro -> David Proctor (82)
Yellow cards
None Stuart Golabek (60)
Barry Wilson (60)
Liam Keogh (60)
Red cards
None None.
Match report
This was the big one and it lived up to its billing in every way. Clydes regular fan base was doubled as the Cumbernauld faithful came in anticipation of seeing their team lift the First Division title. 1500 Caley Thistle fans poured into Broadwood hoping this would not happen and they were joined by a cluster of Partick fans anxious to see their arch-rivals Clyde fail. The atmosphere was electric and the first half was played at a frantic pace. In four minutes Bryn Halliwell held an angled shot from Roy McBain at the second attempt then Mark Brown collected a header from Ian Harty. In 13 minutes David Binghams 15 yard lob cleared the bar and a minute later Harty hit over at the other end. As play raged from end to end a Harty scissors kick went wide, Bobby Man stepped in to foil a good run by Colin Marshall then David Proctor shot into Halliwells arms. On the half hour mark Mann rose high to head over a Stuart Golabek cross then Paul Ritchies on-target shot in the box deflected off Stuart McCluskey for a corner. The closest first half effort came in 37 minutes when Proctor headed a Barry Wilson corner goalwards but it was pushed away by Halliwell. The visitors began to take control in the second half but not before Harty was stopped in the box by a timely Stuart McCaffrey tackle. The breakthrough came in 54 minutes when a McBain shot from the left was cleared by Jack Ross. It fell to Liam Keogh 22 yards out and he hit it first time low into the net. The fans went wild and Clyde immediately retaliated by making two substitutions. Three minutes after the opener Ritchie had a chance to double the lead but he scooped it over from six yards with Alan Kernaghan snapping at this heels. In 62 minutes McBain was set up by Keogh and Bingham but it fell to his right foot and he hit over from 15 yards. It could have been 3-0 but instead Clyde equalised in 72 minutes. Mark Brown saved a close range shot with his foot from Mark Gilhaney and as the ball was sent back goalwards by Pat Keogh it hit Proctors hands. He was protecting his face from the impact but despite strong protests a soft penalty was awarded. Harty scored to bring the Bully Wee back into it. Their hopes came to nothing and what proved to be the decisive goal came at the other end in 79 minutes. Substitute Steve Hislop rose high to head home Keoghs chip from the right and it was advantage Inverness. A frustrated Clyde were forced to watch as Caley Thistle held the ball while the minutes ticked away. The home sides last hope came a minute over time when Marshalls lob into the box was turned for a corner by Keogh. There was no time to take it and the final whistle blew. A day to remember for all Caley Thistle fans but a job only half completed. If this was the semi-final of the First Division championship then next weeks St Johnstone match will be the final. Caley Thistle go into the match a point ahead and a win is the only realistic option. Clyde are favourites to win at Brechin and, if they do, a draw would not be enough for ICT. There is more drama to come.