Change:  Go to:
13.04.2004 @ 19:00 Caledonian Stadium, Inverness Attendance: 1248
Inverness CT 1 - 0 Brechin City
Referee: J Rowbotham League-match

Barry Wilson (pen) (67)
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
Bobby Mann
Stuart McCaffrey
Roy McBain
Russell Duncan
Richie Hart
David Bingham
Steven Hislop
Darren Mackie
Michael Fraser
Barry Wilson
Liam Keogh
Darran Thomson
Paul Ritchie
Barry Wilson -> Darren Mackie (61)
Paul Ritchie -> Steven Hislop (61)
Liam Keogh -> Richie Hart (78)
Budinauckas -> Hay (39)
Boylan -> Johnson (62)
King -> Hampshire (46)
Yellow cards
Bobby Mann (60)
Red cards
None. None
Match report
A dull game, a below par performance and a fortunate win. John Robertson made four changes from Hampden to rest tired legs but there was little spark in the team. Basement club Brechin put up a brave fight and could easily have taken a point Chris Templeman came close to scoring on several occasions. Richie Hart sent a 10 yard angled shot wide in 15 minutes then Brechin keeper David Hay came out well to collect a Russell Duncan lob which was aimed for Darren Mackie. . Chris Templeman was particularly unlucky in the 27th minute when he beat Mark Brown but saw his low shot come off the post. A good ICT move in 34 minutes set up Hart closing in on Hay from the left he chipped it past the keeper and across goal but no one was there to take advantage. Hay limped off five minutes later and was replaced by Kevin Budinauckas. Templeman continued to cause problems for the home defence and he hit the side netting just before half-time. Straight from the restart a Stuart McCaffrey lob fell for David Bingham but no one was there to pounce on his six yard cut-back. Mackie crossed from the right in 49 minutes and Budinauckas took two attempts to catch it then McCaffrey cleared a Templeman shot off the line seven minutes later. In 61 minutes Mackie played a 1-2 with Hislop then sent a fine ball across goal but it was missed by everyone. A goal finally came in 67 minutes thanks to a rather soft penalty after Bingham was sandwiched in the box. Substitute Barry Wilson seized the chance gratefully and hit low past the substitute keeper. Brechin faded from the picture and ICT could easily have extended their lead. Bingham shot wide five minutes later after beating two defenders outside the box then Roy McBain shot low and wide in 77 minutes. With two minutes left substitute Liam Keogh shot from 25 yards and the keeper touched it for a corner. In a final flurry Paul Ritchie tried a first time volley in the box but it was blocked. A welcome three points which brought Clydes lead back to four points with five games left.