Change:  Go to:
16.03.2004 @ 19:00 Caledonian Stadium, Inverness Attendance: 2645
Inverness CT 3 - 1 Clyde
Referee: M McCurry League-match

Paul Ritchie (35)
David Bingham (41)
Barry Wilson (pen) (88)
Fotheringham (36)
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Bobby Mann
Stuart Golabek
Stuart McCaffrey
Barry Wilson
Roy McBain
Russell Duncan
Liam Keogh
David Bingham
Paul Ritchie
Michael Fraser
Grant Munro
David Proctor
Richie Hart
Darran Thomson
Grant Munro -> Paul Ritchie (59)
David Proctor -> David Bingham (76)
Richie Hart -> Barry Wilson (89)
Doyle -> Hagen (61)
McConalogue -> Harty (80)
Keogh -> McLuskey (85)
Yellow cards
Liam Keogh (60)
Red cards
Roy McBain (54)
Match report
This crunch match between first and second lived up to its billing and ended in a valuable victory for ICT. The wind caused havoc throughout the game with Clyde having the advantage of its force in the first half. Mark Brown saved an Andy Smith header in nine minutes then two minutes later Paul Ritchie came close to intercepting a back pass to Bryn Halliwell. A downwards header by Jack Ross went wide in 20 minutes then in 34 minutes Ian Harty hit past from close range. A minute later David Binghams neat pass sent Paul Ritchie through the middle then to the right side of the Clyde box. He was under pressure from two defenders but still managed to hit an angled low ball across the keeper and into the net for 1-0. Seconds later Kevin Fotheringham sent a lob from his own area and it carried on the wind towards Browns goal. He came out but was deceived by the bounce and it went in for a bizarre equaliser. With four minutes of the first half left Mark McLaughlin tried to clear his lines but instead of going over for a corner the ball hung in the wind. Bingham reacted first and sent an angled header past Bryn Halliwell for 2-1. In 53 minutes Brown turned a Harty header past for what proved to be a costly corner. Jack Rosss kick from the right curled goalwards and Roy McBain was forced to handle on the line. A red card and penalty were inevitable. Ian Hartys low kick was saved by the diving Brown and Hartys follow up went over the bar. Ritchie was sacrificed and Grant Munro came on to bolster the defence. The match boiled over in 64 minutes when Stuart Golabek raced down the left wing with Barry Wilson in support. Wilson was struck in the face by Simon Mensing and to the amazement of the home crowd the card flourished was only yellow. TV cameras were there and it remains to be seen whether their footage will be used as evidence by the SFL. The ten men battled on but held their shape as Clyde became more and more frustrated. Brown saved well from Colin Marshall in 68 minutes. The closing 15 minutes were full of action and with five minutes left there was trouble after a clash between Liam Keogh and Mark Gilhaney who crumpled to the ground theatrically. Order was restored and with two minutes of the 90 left Keogh was brought down 12 yards out by McLaughlin. Wilson dispatched the resultant spot kick past Halliwell to settle the match. Despite three added minutes Clyde were well out of it. Caley Thistle moved to four points behind Clyde with St Johnstone two further points adrift - they only managed a point against St Mirren.