Change:  Go to:
07.02.2004 @ 15:00 Love Street, Pasiley Attendance: 3859
St. Mirren
0 - 1
Inverness CT
Referee: T Brown Scottish Cup / 4th Round-match

None Darran Thomson (78)
Starting Lineup
Van Zanten
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
Bobby Mann
Stuart Golabek
Roy McBain
Russell Duncan
Liam Keogh
David Bingham
Darran Thomson
Paul Ritchie
Michael Fraser
Charlie Christie
David MacRae
Lewis MacKinnon
Craig MacMillan
Lavety -> Murray (81)
Dunn -> Van Zanten (87)
Charlie Christie -> Russell Duncan (89)
Yellow cards
Broadfoot None.
Red cards
None None.
Match report
Victory snatched from the jaws of a goal-less draw. Caley Thistle spent most of the game pinned in their own half by a Saints side totally transformed by the new management team of Gus MacPherson and Andy Millen. Illness and injury played havoc with John Robertsons team selection and the squad was stretched to the limit. The match was played amidst hail, sleet, rain and eventually driving snow but there was never any question of the 90 minutes not being completed. It all started slowly then in 15 minutes Saints claimed a penalty when Simon Lappin went down but play was waved on. Seconds later Mark Brown made the first of many fine saves when he dived to push away a John ONeill header. The pressure on the visitors goal was relieved in 24 minutes with a break upfield and a free kick 30 yards out. Bobby Manns low ball was touched for a corner by Stevie Woods. Saints continued to press and just before the break Brown was at full stretch to collect a 15 yard chip from Ricky Gillies. Browns inspired form continued to deny Saints in the second half despite two good efforts from Gillies then in a rare venture on Woods goal Paul Ritchie hit a low shot wide. Brian McGinty had two chances in 62 minutes but he was foiled by Stuart Golabek then hit low past the post. The tide began to turn in the 74th minute when Mann headed past following a Liam Keogh corner then four minutes later Saints were stunned to lose a goal. David Bingham turned Kirk Broadfoot to create space then a neat flick set up Darran Thomson just outside the box. Woods managed to reach Thomsons low shot but it rolled over the line for what proved to be the winner. It was very close to 2-0 just two minutes later when Keogh sent in a dangerous cross from the right. Ritchie ran into the box to reach it but his shot cleared the bar. Saints did not give up but their cause was not helped by a snow shower. In 86 minutes Grant Munro cleared a dangerous ball with Brown beaten then play switched to the other end. Ritchie won a corner on the right a minute over time then more precious seconds were wasted when a free kick was awarded close to the corner flag. The whistle went, Saints felt robbed but it was Caley Thistle who moved into the Quarter Final draw for the fourth time.