Change:  Go to:
31.01.2004 @ 15:00 Caledonian Stadium, Inverness Attendance: 1913
Inverness CT
1 - 1
St. Mirren
Referee: C MacKay League-match

David Bingham (88)
Lappin (17)
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Bobby Mann
Stuart Golabek
Stuart McCaffrey
Roy McBain
Russell Duncan
Liam Keogh
David Bingham
Paul Ritchie
Darren Mackie
Van Zanten
Gillies (Crilly 90)
McGinty (Dunn 74)
Michael Fraser
Grant Munro
Darran Thomson
David MacRae
Steven Hislop
Steven Hislop -> Paul Ritchie (55)
Darran Thomson -> Ross Tokely (61)
Grant Munro -> Steven Hislop (84)
Dunn -> McGinty (74)
Crilly -> Gillies (90)
Yellow cards
Stuart McCaffrey (60)
Steven Hislop (60)
Red cards
None. None
Match report
A day of milestones as John Robertson reached 50 games in charge and both Roy McBain and Stuart Golabek passed the 150 appearance mark. Caledonian Stadiums fine record continued as just two First Division games survived the cold spell only three games have suffered weather-related postponements in over seven years at the East Longman site. The pitch was in excellent condition but the team found it difficult to live up to this high standard. In 11 minutes McBain backheeled to Golabek on the edge of the box but he was brought down heavily by Ricky Gillies. Bobby Manns free kick came off the wall. St Mirren produced nothing until they amazingly took the lead in 17 minutes. Simon Lappin rose to meet a cross from Hugh Murray but there was little power in his angled header. The normally reliable Mark Brown was caught out badly and it slipped under him into the net. Saints took heart from this piece of fortune and three minutes later it could have been two. Brian McGinty collected a Gillies cross in the box but mishit. McGinty had another chance in 27 minutes but he hesitated too long and Brown blocked his shot. The home side were still trying hard and Liam Keogh came close in 38 minutes with a low 20 yard shot which skidded past. In 52 minutes a Mann header from a McBain corner came off the bar then McGinty hit the post for Saints. Darren Mackie did well to set up substitute Steve Hislop in 64 minutes but the ball was taken off his foot as he prepared to shoot. Caley Thistle improved as the game went on and the last ten minutes were hectic. A Darran Thomson free kick was turned for a corner and Keoghs kick from the left led to two clearances with Woods beaten. Hislop was brought down on the right edge of the box by Kirk Broadfoot in 82 minutes and the sub had to be subbed by Grant Munro. Mann moved up to a strikers role and the pressure continued. It paid off with two minutes left when Thomson sent a low corner from the right into a crowded penalty box and David Bingham knocked it in from six yards. Woods held a Thomson header in the last minute and it ended 1-1. With Clydes game at Dumfries postponed one point was enough to regain top spot on goal difference.