Change:  Go to:
28.08.2005 @ 15:00 Tannadice Park, Dundee Attendance: 6718
Dundee Utd
1 - 1
Inverness CT
Referee: Eddie Smith League-match

Miller (66) Craig Brewster (84)
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
Stuart Golabek
Darren Dods
Barry Wilson
Roy McBain
Liam Fox
Ian Black
Craig Brewster
Craig Dargo
Michael Fraser
David Proctor
Tom Parratt
Russell Duncan
Richie Hart
Alan Morgan
Dennis Wyness
McIntyre -> Samuel (28) Richie Hart -> Liam Fox (71)
Dennis Wyness -> Craig Dargo (78)
Yellow cards
Fernandez (61)
McIntyre (74)
Liam Fox (69)
Darren Dods (73)
Red cards
none None.
Other statistics
11 Shots 12
7 Shots on goal 7
7 Offsides 1
6 Corner kicks 12
11 Free kicks 11
0 Penalties 0
Match report
Club historian Ian Broadfoot reports on the league match against Dundee United at Tannadice Park, Dundee. Craig Brewster added to his tally for the season against one of his old sides.

This match was moved by 24 hours to give Dundee United an extra day to recover from the second leg of their UEFA cup tie against MyPa-47 of Finland . In the event they drew 2-2 after being 2-0 up and lost on the away goals rule – the question was whether Caley Thistle would benefit from the trauma of this loss.

In the event honours were even and the draw extended ICT's remarkable SPL away undefeated record which goes back to last January. Craig Brewster was given much food for thought following the midweek 6-1 demolition of Alloa but he decided to retain the starting eleven from last week's draw with Kilmarnock .

The visitors started well and a free kick from Brewster was blocked in the second minute. United could easily have taken the lead in seven minutes when David Fernandez's low shot beat Mark Brown but bounced off the post. Ross Tokely then headed wide and, at the other end, a Barry Robson shot deflected but was gathered by Brown.

12 free kicks in 12 minutes disrupted play then, on the half-hour mark, a one-two between Wilson and Liam Fox led to a Fox shot and a fine save from Derek Stillie.

Just before half time Paul Ritchie and Craig Dargo clashed in the box, Dargo went down but nothing was given. In first half added time a Wilson corner was headed wide by Brewster.

Ten minutes into the second half Dargo did net but offside was called. Stillie tipped over a Brewster shot in 59 minutes then Tokely headed wide.

Despite the ICT pressure it was United who took the lead in 66 minutes. Alan Archibald's cross was headed home from close range by Lee Miller. This gave United renewed confidence and Brown saved from Miller before Robson shot wide.

Caley Thistle introduced Dennis Wyness in 78 minutes and immediately he had a shot blocked by the United defence. Barry Wilson celebrated his 200th league appearance by providing the cross for Brewster's headed equaliser in 84 minutes. Brewster's legendary status at Tannadice is assured but it must have been sorely tested.

With two minutes left Wyness bent the ball into the box and Brewster's low-power shot deflected to Stillie. In the dying seconds Stillie sent a long ball into the Caley Thistle half but Fernandez was caught offside.

A point apiece and Caley Thistle slip one place to sixth.