Change:  Go to:
16.09.2003 @ 15:00 Starks Park, Kircaldy Attendance: 2110
Raith Rovers 0 - 4 Inverness CT
Referee: K Clark Challenge Cup-match

None Barry Wilson (28)
Paul Ritchie (30)
Paul Ritchie (43)
Barry Wilson (81)
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Bobby Mann
Stuart Golabek
Stuart McCaffrey
David Proctor
Barry Wilson
Roy McBain
Russell Duncan
Richie Hart
David Bingham
Paul Ritchie
Ally Ridgers
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
Darran Thomson
Steven Hislop
Calderon -> Brady (46
Robb -> Blackadder (46)
Hawley -> Brittain (67)
Steven Hislop -> Paul Ritchie (72)
Grant Munro -> Bobby Mann (83)
Darran Thomson -> David Bingham (84)
Yellow cards
Brittain None.
Red cards
None None.
Match report
Caley Thistle won through to the final of the Bells Cup thanks a brace each from Barry Wilson and Paul Ritchie. The score may have flattered a little but it was a vastly improved performance and a deserved victory. The game started slowly and the first real chance came in 18 minutes when a Stuart McCaffrey pass split the defence and David Bingham lobbed just over the bar. Three minutes later John Sutton netted for Raith but the whistle had already gone for offside. Barry Wilson quickly gave Caley Thistle the lead thanks to a mix up in the home defence. Ramiro Gonzalez failed to control a throw-in from Paquito allowing Wilson to take possession and head the ball into the net. An acrobatic kick from Paul Ritchie on the half hour mark made it 2-0 and just before half time Richie Hart and David Bingham combined to set up Ritchie who slid home his second goal from a few yards out. This effectively killed the tie but Raith made changes at half time and came out determined to make a game of it. The closest they came to a goal was in 58 minutes when substitute Steven Robb was denied by a superb point blank Mark Brown save with David Proctor charging down the rebound. Gonzalez saved from Wilson on the hour mark before the fourth goal was created by Hart with nine minutes left. He raced clear down the left and cut it back for Wilson to lash high into the net from 12 yards. Airdrie United beat Brechin 2-1 after extra time to clinch the other final spot on October 26th with the venue still to be decided by the SFL.