Change:  Go to:
07.10.1997 @ 19:30 Caledonian Stadium, Inverness Attendance: 4336
Inverness CT
3 - 4
Referee: K Bisset Friendly-match

None. None
Starting Lineup
None. None
Yellow cards
None. None
Red cards
None. None
Match report
INVERNESS C T 3 (McCulloch 42, Stewart 84, Shearer 85)
RANGERS 4 (Clelland 6, Van Vossen 28 & 50, Stensaas 33)

INVERNESS CALEDONIAN THISTLE Calder, MacArthur, Andersen, Noble (Thomson 59), Hastings, McCulloch, De-Barros, Shearer, Stewart, Christie (Ross 63), Robson (Wilson 59)
Subs - Fridge & Tokely
RANGERS Rae, Wright, Bollan, McCall, Petric, Nicolson (Wilson 70), Stensaas, Cleland,
Van Vossen (Fitzgerald 78), Durrant, Boyack Subs - Stone & Brown

REFEREE K Bisset (Inverness) ATTENDANCE 4336 BOOKED Hastings (Inverness CT)
REPORT - Rangers fielded a strong team for this much delayed official opening of Caledonian Stadium. They were cruising to a comfortable win before the Inverness side scored 2 late goals and gave them a fright. Alex Clelland scored the first in 6 minutes from close range after an Ian Durrant pass across goal. 4 minutes later Iain Stewart had the first of several bad breaks when he thumped the ball off the bar. Stephen Boyack should have made it 2-0 in 26 minutes when he missed an open goal but 2 minutes later a suspiciously offside Peter Van Vossen scored after a Boyack cross. In 33 minutes it looked like a walk-over for Rangers when a great Durrant run and pass allowed Stale Stensaas to easily make it 3-0. Mark McCulloch brought the Inverness side right back into it just before half time when he pounced on a Rae fumble and blasted it home. It was nearly 3-2 just after the interval when a Stewart volley was deflected past. On the 50 minute mark Van Vossen scored his second when he collected a long through ball, strode past the defence and slipped it past Calder. 4 minutes later he missed a sitter when he tripped over the ball. In the last 20 minutes the home side fought hard and eventually were rewarded with 2 goals. In 84 minutes Stewart headed in a Ross corner for a well deserved counter and a minute later a glancing Shearer header from an Andersen free kick made it 4-3. Honour was well satisfied and the home fans went off proud of their teams performance. A good evenings entertainment all round.