Change:  Go to:
27.09.1997 @ 15:00 Caledonian Stadium, Inverness Attendance: 1751
Inverness CT 1 - 2 Clyde
Referee: I Fyfe League-match

Mark McCulloch (44)
Brownlie (41)
King (62)
Starting Lineup
Les Fridge
Richard Hastings
Iain MacArthur
Vetle Andersen
Mark McCulloch
Paul Cherry
Barry Wilson
Iain Stewart
Brian Thomson
Wayne Addicoat
Duncan Shearer
Scott (ONeill 75)
Brownlie (Carrigan 89)
Mike Noble
Davie Ross
Mike Teasdale
Mike Teasdale -> Wayne Addicoat (74)
Davie Ross -> Barry Wilson (79)
ONeill => Scott (75)
Carrigan => Brownlie (89)
Yellow cards
Paul Cherry (65)
Red cards
None. None
Match report
For the fourth time this season Caley Thistle lost by the odd goal in a league game this time to a mediocre Clyde side. Caley Thistle started well and in 11 minutes a Hastings low cross from the left was met by Shearer who put it just past the post. In 22 minutes Wilson set off on a long run down the right wing and into the box but finished by hitting it past the post. In 34 minutes a 20 yard fierce shot was saved by Mark McLean and a minute later Fridge was tested for the first time when he palmed a Brownlie 30 yard shot over the bar. In 41 minutes Clyde took the lead when a cross from the right by Thomas King was headed in low by Brownlie. Caley Thistle hit back 3 minutes later. Stewart flicked the ball to Addicoat who ran from the left into the box. He passed to Thomson who found the head of Shearer he knocked it into McCullochs path and he blasted it home from 6 yards. The home side fought hard in the second half but nothing came off. Stewart came close in 52 minutes when he tried to lob the keeper from the left McLean managed to touch it over the bar. 2 minutes later Cherry set up Shearer in the box but he hit it past from 10 yards he should have done better. Against the run of play Clyde took the lead in 62 minutes when the unmarked King tucked it in from 6 yards after a McStay cross from the right. The last half hour was fiery but the home side achieved very little. Clyde held on to scrape a win.