Change:  Go to:
09.12.2006 @ 15:00 Tannadice Stadium, Dundee Attendance: 5294
Dundee Utd
3 - 1
Inverness CT
Referee: Stuart Dougal League-match

Hunt (22)
Hunt (64)
Robertson (78)
Barry Wilson (14)
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Richard Hastings
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
Stuart McCaffrey
Barry Wilson
Roy McBain
Ian Black
John Rankin
Graham Bayne
Craig Dargo
Michael Fraser
Stuart Soane
Russell Duncan
Alan Morgan
Zander Sutherland
Dennis Wyness
Rory McAllister
Cameron -> Samuel (63)
Goodwillie -> Hunt (83)
Dennis Wyness -> Barry Wilson (77)
Yellow cards
Samuel (14)
Mair (30)
Robson (58)
Roy McBain (3)
John Rankin (10)
Richard Hastings (38)
Stuart McCaffrey (43)
Red cards
None None.
Other statistics
16 Shots 7
11 Shots on goal 4
2 Offsides 10
6 Corner kicks 1
20 Free kicks 18
0 Penalties 1
Match report | Preview
Dundee United’s revival under new manager Craig Levein continued at the expense of Caley Thistle, despite the visitors taking a 15th minute lead through Barry Wilson. By half time it was 1-1 and United scored two second half goals to seal the victory.

With Darren Dods suspended Stuart McCaffrey came in for his second league start of the season for ICT and Barry Wilson was made captain for the day. Injuries restricted Charlie Christie’s options but he did bring back John Rankin with Russell Duncan dropping to the bench. Alan Morgan also took a bench slot, his first squad appearance since September.

United dominated the opening period and a strong run by Collin Samuel in the second minute was stopped by Grant Munro. The home side could easily have taken the lead in nine minutes were it not for a superb save by Mark Brown from a Noel Hunt close-range header. A Craig Conway header then flashed past Brown’s post to safety.

The opening came at the other end in 15 minutes when Wilson was brought down by Samuel just outside the box and the captain-for-the-day curled the 25 yard free kick expertly round the wall and into the top corner. This ended Caley Thistle’s goal drought but United equalised seven minutes later when Hunt headed home a Craig Conway cross from seven yards out. The away camp thought Hunt was offside but the goal stood.

The crime count was rising by the minute and seven names finished up in Stuart Dougal’s book by the end of the match. Five minutes from the break a John Rankin free kick was dropped by Derek Stillie but he recovered in time to block Graham Bayne’s follow-up. Brown kept it to 1-1 just before the interval when he saved from Barry Robson.

Into the second half and more pressure from United. They went 2-1 up in 65 minutes when a Robson corner reached Hunt via David Robertson and he had an easy job to touch it home from virtually the goal line although it was probably going in anyway. Hunt then came close to a hat trick but his header went past the post.

Hunt turned provider in 78 minutes when he sent a ball from the bye line which Robertson hit home from six yards for 3-1. With four minutes left Caley Thistle were awarded a penalty for a Stuart Duff foul on Dennis Wyness but Craig Dargo’s kick sailed over the bar. It ended 3-1 to United and Caley Thistle remain eighth – but on goal difference from Dundee United.