Change:  Go to:
07.05.2005 @ 15:00 Tulloch Caledonian Stadium, Inverness Attendance: 3021
Inverness CT
0 - 1
Referee: Brian Winter League-match

None. Dair (29)
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
Stuart Golabek
Darren Dods
Barry Wilson
Roy McBain
Russell Duncan
Ian Black
Graham Bayne
Bryan Prunty
Michael Fraser
Richard Hastings
David Proctor
Richie Hart
Liam Fox
Bajram Fetai
Rory McAllister
Richie Hart -> Barry Wilson (37)
Richard Hastings -> Roy McBain (64)
Rory McAllister -> Bryan Prunty (64)
Easton -> Dair (61)
Strong -> Kachloul (73)
Yellow cards
Barry Wilson (30)
Red cards
None. None
Other statistics
11 Shots 4
5 Shots on goal 4
0 Offsides 0
8 Corner kicks 2
12 Free kicks 17
0 Penalties 0
Match report
Another frustrating afternoon for the home fans as Caley Thistle played well in spells but failed to convert their chances. Relegation-threatened Livingston fought hard and scored the one goal that took the points.

ICT started brightly and Roy McBain shot over the bar in just 13 seconds. In the first four minutes Wilson took two free kicks from outside the box - the first was held high by Roddy McKenzie and the second went low and just wide. Stuart Golabek shot wide then a bouncing effort from Bryan Prunty was taken by McKenzie.

Livi came close in 21 minutes when a Derek Lilley attempt was headed off the line by Ian Black. Five minutes later Prunty was through and one-on-one with McKenzie but, as the keeper came out, the striker chipped over the bar.

Livingstons goal in 29 minutes was deceptively simple. A neat Hassan Kachloul flick over the defence reached the unmarked Jason Dair and he headed home from six yards. Two minutes later Prunty again hit over the bar. Livi captain Burton OBrien sent a hard shot on target in 42 minutes but Mark Brown held it comfortably. On the whistle Hart found space wide left of the goal but his cross back into the box went over Graham Bayne as he fell to the ground.

Two minutes into a wet and windy second half Livingston nearly doubled their lead when Lilley hit the bar after an OBrien cross. Russell Duncan then let fly from 25 yards but the rising ball was beaten away by McKenzie. Ross Tokely connected with the resultant corner but it was cleared off the line.

Livingston were fighting for their SPL lives and they held firm against all that Caley Thistle could throw at them. The chance of the half fell to Graham Bayne in 70 minutes. Tokely raced down the right and his cross found Bayne faced with an empty goal. Baynes shot looked a certain goal but somehow McKenzie scrambled back and saved the day. Shots from Hart and Bayne in 78 minutes both seemed to hit Livi hands but the referee ignored protests.

The closing stages were dominated by ICT but nothing came off. Substitute Rory McAllister chased a long ball from Stuart Golabek in added time but, despite appearing to be held back, nothing was given. It was the same story seconds later when McAllister headed on for Golabek the Caley Thistle captain went down under pressure but to no avail. Livingston took the points and gained a vital step up the league.