Change:  Go to:
25.09.2004 @ 15:00 Tynecastle Stadium, Edinburgh Attendance: 10340
1 - 0
Inverness CT
Referee: Kenny Clark League-match

Hartley (15) None.
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Richard Hastings
Ross Tokely
Stuart Golabek
Stuart McCaffrey
Barry Wilson
Russell Duncan
Richie Hart
Liam Keogh
Graham Bayne
Juanjo Carricondo
Michael Fraser
Darren Dods
Roy McBain
Darran Thomson
Ian Black
Steven Hislop
Bryan Prunty
Elliot -> Wyness (63)
Sloan -> Stamp (83)
Janczyk -> McAllister (83)
Roy McBain -> Richie Hart (53)
Steven Hislop -> Juanjo Carricondo (60)
Bryan Prunty -> Steven Hislop (82)
Yellow cards
McAllister (-)
Pressley (-)
Roy McBain (60)
Red cards
None None.
Other statistics
9 Shots 4
3 Shots on goal 0
0 Offsides 0
3 Corner kicks 2
15 Free kicks 19
0 Penalties 0
Match report
Caley Thistle travelled to Tynecastle in the hope that they could maintain the excellent form they showed in the game against Rangers and though they did produce another fine display, once again a defensive error and the need to net at the other end let them down.

Former ICT player Dennis Wyness was in the Hearts starting line-up and former Hearts star Juanjo Carricondo was in the ICT line-up as the teams kicked off on a beautiful afternoon.

Caley Thistle immediately attacked the Hearts goal and in the early stages Stuart Golabek, Juanjo and Russell Duncan all had efforts at goal.

Hearts took the lead in 15 minutes when Richard Hastings, making his first appearance of the season for the suspended Grant Munro, took too long to control the ball and Paul Hartley was onto the ball in a flash, moved forward and chipped over Mark Brown.

The rest of the half was very even and entertaining and the half-time whistle went with the home side leading by the solitary goal.

At the start of the second period Hartley’s corner was powerfully headed goalwards by Steven Pressley but Liam Keogh did an excellent job on the line and cleared the ball.

Caley Thistle took the game to Hearts and Ross Tokely had the best chance of the game when he headed over from inside the six yard box from an excellent cross by Barry Wilson.

Richie Hart had to come off with a back spasm after getting Patrick Kisnorbo's knee in the lower back and was replaced by Roy McBain and Steve Hislop replaced Juanjo on the hour mark.

ICT continued to press for an equaliser and Tokely and Wilson both failed to hit the target. With 10 minutes remaining, substitute Hislop had to be stretchered off with a leg injury and he was replaced by Bryan Prunty.

Caley Thistle kept pressing and Golabek shot wide from the edge of the penalty area. The last real chance of the game fell to substitute Prunty but he headed over from close range.

Once again a tireless performance by the lads but nothing to show for it. Four home games in October will be critical for the team to move off the foot of the table.