Change:  Go to:
19.09.2004 @ 15:00 Ibrox Stadium, Glasgow Attendance: 47063
1 - 0
Inverness CT
Referee: Calum Murray League-match

Prso (16) None.
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
Stuart Golabek
Stuart McCaffrey
Barry Wilson
Roy McBain
Richie Hart
Liam Keogh
Graham Bayne
Juanjo Carricondo
Michael Fraser
Darren Dods
Russell Duncan
Darran Thomson
Ian Black
Steven Hislop
Bryan Prunty
Hughes -> Mladenovic (34)
Khizanishvili -> Ross (46)
Arveladze -> Novo (61)
Steven Hislop -> Graham Bayne (60)
Bryan Prunty -> Juanjo Carricondo (77)
Yellow cards
Vanoli Liam Keogh (50)
Grant Munro (60)
Ross Tokely (70)
Red cards
None Grant Munro (90)
Other statistics
14 Shots 9
7 Shots on goal 0
0 Offsides 0
8 Corner kicks 7
16 Free kicks 11
0 Penalties 0
Match report
A narrow victory for a nervous Rangers side. The first ever meeting at Ibrox with Rangers, and in the end a game that ICT certainly should have taken something from. It was getting that final ball into the back of the net that saw it ending pointless but it could have been so, so different.

Once again ICT fielded the same starting XI and throughout the 90 minutes took the game to Rangers. The only goal of the game came after 17 minutes from the head of Dado Prso when he took a Chris Burke corner kick and headed the ball into the roof of the net.

ICT hit back and Juanjo Carricondo had a chance after good work by Roy McBain but the Spaniard dallied and his shot was blocked by the Rangers defence.

ICT's best chance of the half came in bizarre circumstances when Ross Tokely's harmless-looking cross from the right was headed against his own crossbar by Maurice Ross and the ball was eventually cleared by Craig Moore.

Just before the half-time break the unmarked Boumsong struck the ICT woodwork with a fine header.

The home side kept up the pressure early in the second half through Prso and Novo but ICT then had a superb chance to score an equaliser through Richie Hart but the midfielder hit the ball just wide of the target.

Boumsong again hit the woodwork and Ricksen came close with a free-kick which was superbly saved by Mark Brown but it was Caley Thistle who were enjoying most of the second half possession. Stuart McCaffrey then caused havoc in the Rangers defence. After a melee in the Ibrox penalty area the ball came out to McCaffrey who lobbed the ball goalwards only to see Stefan Klos turn the ball over the bar for a corner kick.

Unfortunately, the referee decided the ‘keeper had not touched the ball and a goal kick was awarded. Coming into the closing stages of the game it was all Caley Thistle and the pressure was all on the Ibrox side to hold out.

In the closing seconds of the game Grant Munro was booked for a second time and was sent off. It ended 1-0 and it is amazing to think that ICT came to Ibrox Stadium for the very first time and at the end of the game were disappointed to come away with nothing.