Change:  Go to:
30.09.2006 @ 15:00 Tulloch Caledonian Stadium Attendance: 3517
Inverness CT
1 - 0
Referee: Calum Murray League-match

Ross Tokely (90)
Starting Lineup
Mark Brown
Richard Hastings
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
Darren Dods
Barry Wilson
Roy McBain
Richie Hart
John Rankin
Graham Bayne
Craig Dargo
De Vries
Michael Fraser
Stuart McCaffrey
Russell Duncan
Liam Keogh
Ian Black
Zander Sutherland
Rory McAllister
Rory McAllister -> Craig Dargo (69)
Zander Sutherland -> Richie Hart (75)
Liam Keogh -> Roy McBain (81)
Muirhead -> Morrison (58)
Daquin -> Ross (65)
Tod -> Hamilton (73)
Yellow cards
Grant Munro (83)
Hamilton (65)
Bamba (90)
Red cards
None. None
Other statistics
13 Shots 5
8 Shots on goal 3
3 Offsides 1
4 Corner kicks 6
12 Free kicks 6
0 Penalties 0
Match report | Preview
Caley Thistle’s fine SPL record against Dunfermline continued with this 1-0 victory but it took a 90th minute Ross Tokely goal to secure the points.

Tokely has a remarkable talent for popping up with goals at vital moments and this 28th career goal was as well timed as it gets.

It may have been late September but nobody told the weather gods and the Moray Firth could have easily passed for the French Riviera. The football was not quite as good as the weather. Charlie Christie made one well-publicised change from last week’s side with the relegation of Ian Black to the bench. Richie Hart came in and had a fine game. Dennis Wyness was not quite fit so Graham Bayne and Craig Dargo continued up front.

Dunfermline manager Jim Leishman was almost unrecognisable without his trademark moustache – he was happy with the £2000 raised for charity by shaving it off, but he was clearly disappointed that his side did not go back south with a point. Caley Thistle had the best of the match but the Pars held out until they were finally broken down by intense late pressure.

Dunfermline had a fast start and in just 15 seconds Greg Ross sent over a dangerous cross from the right and Darren Dods had to head it for a corner. Roy McBain was the architect of a good move in six minutes when he broke down the right and into the Dunfermline box. His shot was blocked, as was Craig Dargo’s follow-up, then a Richie Hart effort was sent for a corner.

Steve Crawford hit an angled ball over the bar at the other end then Darus De Vries held a Dargo low shot. Chances were rare until just before the break when Bayne latched onto a Hart cross and headed just past.

Mark Brown held a Jim Hamilton header just into the second half then Crawford once more hit over the bar. As time wore on it looked like a stalemate but the fresh legs of ICT substitutes Zander Sutherland, Rory McAllister and Liam Keogh helped to up the tempo and the home side pressed hard.

They were all over the Dunfermline defence for the last 15 minutes but the best chances came in the final five minutes. First a McAllister flick and a Bayne lob set John Rankin on a race for goal with a defender at his shoulder and De Vries advancing – in the end his shot disappointingly trundled past for a goal kick.

With two minutes left Bayne shot on the turn from 12 yards but De Vries produced the save of the match to touch the ball for a corner. Then came the final drama with Caley Thistle once more attacking in numbers and the Dunfermline box crowded. The ball broke to Tokely just outside the area and, after a neat turn, he hit a low ball goalwards and it ended up in the corner of the net. De Vries was deceived by a slight deflection but it was most definitely Tokely’s goal.

There was still time for a final fast run down the left by the impressive Sutherland but he was brought down by Freddy Daquin – his yellow card allowed time to run out and the points were secure. Despite wins by Motherwell (am amazing 5-0 against Kilmarnock) and St Mirren, ICT moved up to joint seventh but eighth on goal difference.