Caley Thistle suffered their first defeat under Manager Duncan Ferguson as late goals from Lewis Vaughan and Jamie Gullan earned Raith Rovers three points.

Billy Mckay had given Caley Thistle the lead with a point blank header after meeting a David Wotherspoon cross but Lewis Vaughan goal and Jamie Gullan’s penalty after 86 and 94 minutes sealed a late with for Raith Rovers.

Duncan Ferguson made six changes to the side which beat Cowdenbeath last weekend in the Scottish Cup as he revert to a more similar side which be playing in league action. David Carson missed out due to personal reasons. Cameron Harper and Morgan Boyes both started despite being doubts in the build up.

Raith started the game well and had a major chance after just 10 minutes. Josh Mullin’s cross into the box was met by Lewis Vaughan and his effort wasn’t controlled fully by Mark Ridgers as he had to scramble it off the line. Rovers players appealed for a goal but play was waved on by the officials.

Rovers continued to be the side on top in the first-half, Josh Mullin’s corner found Jack Hamilton free in the box after 38 minutes but the striker’s header was straight at Mark Ridgers, as the Caley Thistle keeper gathered the ball with ease.

Rovers had another chance before the break, a loose pass by Shaw was gathered by Vaughan and he checked back and shot but his effort was over and behind after 40 minutes

Caley Thistle came into the game in the second-half and broke the deadlock after 61 minutes. Wallace Duffy’s pass found David Wotherspoon down the right side and the Canadian international produced a fantastic cross to find Billy Mckay in the box and the striker headed past Rovers keeper Kevin Dabrowski from close range.

The confidence was flowing for Caley Thistle and Luis Longstaff had a chance after 71 minutes. The winger forced a save from Kevin Dabrowski after a counter attacked and being played in by Nathan Shaw.

After 76 minutes, Niko Ujdur was close to his first Caley Thistle goal. The Australian centre-back got on the end of David Wotherspoon’s free-kick in the box but his header went past the post.

It could’ve been 2-0 after 81 minutes but Caley Thistle were denied by the woodwork. A quick breakaway lead by Nathan Shaw as he found Luis Longstaff on the elft and his cross found Max Anderson in the box but his effort came off the bar.

Rovers drew level after 86 minutes on the clock. Dylan Easton’s ball was headed onto the edge of the box by Josh Mullin into the path of Lewis Vaughan and the striker produced a fine finish past Mark Ridgers to level the scoring.

Rovers were then awarded a penalty deep into added time as Luis Longstaff fouled Sam Stanton in the box. Jamie Gullan stepped up and put his penalty into the top right corner to give Rovers all three points.