Duncan Ferguson’s first home game in charge of Inverness Caledonian Thistle ended in a stalemate with Partick Thistle.

It was a tight affair at the Caledonian Stadium with chances for each side. Caley Thistle’s best one coming in the second-half through Charlie Gilmour while Tomi Adeloye could’ve won all three points for Partick Thistle late on.

Duncan Ferguson named an unchanged side from last weekend’s 3-2 win at Gayfield Park against Arbroath with Danny Devine coming back into the squad, replacing Keith Bray on the bench.

It was close start to the game and Niko Udjur saw his header go just past the post after he met Aaron Doran’s corner in the box after 9 minutes.

Partick Thistle had their first real chance of the match just before half-time, Brian Graham pass deflected into the path of Scott Robinson on the edge of the box but his shot was straight at Mark Ridgers.

It was a bright start to the second-half as firstly Aidan Fitzpatrick did well down the left side and his effort bounced off the post after 47 minutes.

Caley Thistle had a penalty appeal after 50 minutes, Aaron Doran went down under a challenge from Kieran Ngwenya but the referee awarded it the way of Partick Thistle.

Mark Ridgers was forced into a save after 66 minutes after Thistle had launched a counter attack, Ngwenya’s ball from the right found Graham on the edge of the box but Ridgers got down well to turn it behind for a corner.

Caley Thistle went close with their best chance of the match as they put the pressure on and Austin Samuels’ pass found Charlie Gilmour on the edge of the box but his low shot went just past the post.

With around 10 minutes remaining, Gilmour linked up with Mckay but the striker’s effort from the edge of the box was way over the bar and behind. Harry Milne went on a good run for Partick Thistle at the other end but his effort went wide of the post.

Partick Thistle had a big chance with just three minutes on the clock, Kerr McInroy’s shot from around 25 yards was palmed by Ridgers into the path of Tomi Adeloye but the striker couldn’t put his effort on target from close range.

It ended a point a piece heading into the International break. Caley Thistle are next in action on Saturday 21 October as they travel to face Morton at Cappielow.