Cameron Harper’s last minute strike helped Caley Thistle to a vital away point against Arbroath at Gayfield Park.

Arbroath had taken the lead through Adam MacKinnon’s 82nd minute strike as the midfielder scrambled the ball in from a corner and Caley Thistle earned a point from the game via Cameron Harper low 93rd minute shot.

The point leaves Caley Thistle in 9th position but still six points ahead of Arbroath in 10th place, however the Red Lichties have a game in hand.

Caley Thistle came into the game with injury worries as they were only able to name 5 substitutes on the bench. It was x changes to the side which drew with Partick Thistle last weekend as Danny Devine, Aribim Pepple and Alex Samuel came into the side for Jeremiah Mullen (back injury), Max Anderson (suspended) and Billy Mckay (bench).

Caley Thistle started well and had chances within the opening ten minutes. Nathan Shaw saw his effort deflected over after a good move while from the resulting corner Charlie Gilmour saw his effort blocked on route to goal.

Caley Thistle should have taken the lead after 26 minutes after a great move. Sean McAllister’s cross found Cammy Kerr free in the box but the right-back’s effort was saved by Max Brouc in the Arbroath goal.

After 32 minutes, Cameron Harper had a go from range but his effort was over and behind.

After 57 minutes, Charlie Gilmour was forced off through injury and was replaced by Aaron Doran.

Caley Thistle had a big shout for a penalty as Billy Mckay’s intended ball for Alex Samuel in the box appeared to hit the hand of Ricky Little on the way through but nothing was given by the referee as play resumed.

Arbroath did have the lead after 80 minutes on the clock, Charlie Reilly’s corner caused a problem in the box and Adam MacKinnon was on hand to fire the ball into the back of the net.

Caley Thistle went in search of an equaliser as Alex Samuel firstly saw a close range effort fired over the bar while the striker was presented with another chance moments later from a Mark Ridgers long ball but his effort was kept out by Max Boruc.

Caley Thistle did get the leveller in the 93rd minute, Billy Mckay’s pass found Cameron Harper just outside the box and his low shot found the bottom corner for the equaliser.